“Please I just want to talk,” Harry says.

“I want to be alone.”

“I’m sorry. Can’t we discuss this?”

I open the door. “If you’re about to tell me more about what a bad decision I’m making then I would appreciate it if you left,” I say.

“I’m not going to do that,” he says, walking further into my room.

“Then what do you want to discuss?” I ask, crossing my arms.

“Why is it such a bad thing to have someone else care about you?”

“It’s not. I just don’t understand why some guy I met two weeks ago would care for me at all when he knows nothing about me.”

“I don’t understand why I care so much either, but I do, so why are you pushing me away?” he asks. He looked a bit sad. I didn’t know what to say.

My computer made a noise, drawing both of our attention. I took this as a lifesaver.

“Hold that thought,” I tell Harry, going over to my computer and seeing I had left Facebook open. A message appeared in my inbox. I opened it and saw it was from none other than Melissa Collins. I read it in my head.

Hey. How’d you find me twin? ;)’

I froze. She knew about me?

“What is it?” Harry asks, coming closer.

“It’s Melissa…” I choke out. He reads the message and his face turns confused.

“Does this mean that she…knows?” he asks.

“I don’t know,” I say, staring at the screen. I write back saying:

Do you know who I am??’

and hit send. I got up from the desk chair and walked over to my couch, completely numb. I plop down and for some reason I just start crying. Harry sits next to me and holds me while I sob. I didn’t care that I was mad at him or that I probably had makeup running down my face or that there was still a party going on downstairs with important people. I just didn’t care.

 I sat and cried about everything. I cried about my mother and how she sentenced me to this life. I cried about my sister and how I never knew she existed until now. I cried because she might have known about me, but didn’t say a word. I cried because my father left. I cried because I keep yelling at the only person who seems to care about me. I cried because I didn’t know what to do about Liam. I cried because I gave up guitar, the one thing that soothed me, only because some awful man decided to tell me I couldn’t do something.

I just cried.

Harry didn’t ask me any questions. He didn’t even complain about the fact that I was ruining his nice clothes with my running makeup. He just sat and let me cry into his chest as he held me close to him.

I don’t think words could describe how much I appreciated it.

***Harrys Point of View***

Nicole kept crying for about an hour. I didn’t know why, but I thought it had something to do with her sister. I also thought it would’ve made her cry more if I asked, so I didn’t. I just comforted her. After she was done crying she just laid there in my arms.

“Thank you,” she said.

“You’re welcome.”

“I’m sorry,” she adds. “For pushing you away. I guess it’s just kind of a habit of mine to keep people at a distance.”

“It’s okay. I’m sorry I overreacted. You can date whoever you want.”

She was quiet for a bit. “You’re a good friend, Harry,” she tells me before slowly drifting off to sleep.

For some reason those words stung. It was weird because she was complimenting me, but I guess it just wasn’t the compliment I was expecting.

But then again, what was I expecting?

AUTHORS NOTE
sorry for the short chapter! Been really busy lately! I HOPE YOU LIKE IT ANYWAY :D let me know in the comments and vote if you want chapter 10!!! Tell me what you think will happen next :3 im sitting here with my dog on a Friday night writing fan fiction how cool am I? ha no. THANKS SO MUCH FOR READING! Love you guys<3 Mwahhhh byeee