Being Nice**

I woke up in my room, I guess Devin put me here, I looked around the room to see Mel and Jess were still fast asleep, I looked at the time and it said 11:30 a.m guess it's too late to go to school today, how sad, ha! I got some clothes and took a shower and washed my hair. I decided to let my hair air dry instead of waking up the whole house with my blow dryer! Also, I just really didn't feel like blow drying my hair. Way too much work and I was still way too tired for all that crap. I heard my stomach growl and decided to go get some food. I silently walked down the stairs, attempting to make as little noise as possible. I walked into the kitchen to see Devin sitting on the counter eating an apple and scrolling on his phone. As soon as he heard footsteps he looked up at me and placed his phone down.

"Get your butt off my clean counter!" I snapped at him jokingly, before grabbing his apple and taking a bite. I handed it back to him and he smiled.

"Sorry mom!" He replied sliding of the counter

"Haha, very funny! What are you doing up so early anyways?" I said leaning against the counter.

"After I put you in your bed I couldn't really go back to sleep!" He said throwing away his finished apple.

"Thanks for that." I whispered.

"For what?" He asked turning around.

"Last night, helping me save that dog, taking me to the vet, putting me to bed, everything." I said looking at him.

"Yea, no prob, did you mean what you said?" He asked turning serious.

"What?" I asked furrowing my eyebrows.

"About you liking both side of me?" He asked taking a step closer to me.

"You actually remembered that?" I asked moving away from him and towards the fridge.

"Yes! So, answer the question Danielle." He said walking up behind me.

"Ok, yea, I mean I would like it if you were both of your sides all the time, but most of the time you're a bipolar jackass! So, what if you're hot and sexy? Doesn't mean anything."

"And I like it if you were nice and sassy at the same time, but most of the time you're a moody bitch! So, what if you beautifully sexy? Doesn't mean anything." He replied shrugging.

"And I think that's how it's supposed to be!" I said nodding.

"Yea I guess!" He relied shrugging. "Hey, I got someone I want you to meet!" He said excited.

"Who?" I asked with a smile

"You'll see!" He said running out the kitchen and into the living room. "Close your eyes Danielle" He yelled to me.

"Ok" I replied as I closed them

"Are they closed?" He asked sounding closer.

"Yea" I yelled back. I heard him come towards me

"Ok, open your eyes" He said and I knew he was right in front of me. I opened my eyes to see the dog that we saved with a little pink collar on and a bandaged paw,

"Omg Devin you got her?" I said placing my hands to cover my mouth.

"No." He said shaking his head. "You got her!" He said smiling down at her.

"You got her for me?" I asked slowly.

"Yea, well do you remember when we best friends in 2nd grade?" He asked petting her head gently.

"Yea?" I asked, not taking my eyes off her.

"Well, I remembered that you always wanted a puppy named Coco. So, Danielle meet Coco, Coco meet Danielle, your new owner!" He gave her to me and she tiredly licked my face before falling asleep, I walked to the living and put her on a comfy chair. She almost instantly fell back asleep. He walked in front of me near the bigger couch.