06

Adrien had never felt so ecstatic and excited ever since his mother disappeared. This morning, he was easily woken up by Plagg without the need of dumping water all over him, which was unlikely of him. He remembered how Plagg interrogated him in order to make sure he wasn't just some clone Hawkmoth sent. He was unusually happy while having breakfast, which did not get past Nathalie's sight. The woman questioned him, but he only grinned at her and told her that he was perfectly fine.

Presently, he was making his way to the door as he happily whistled a tune. But just as his fingers touched the doorknob, a loud voice boomed throughout the room, making him stop dead in his tracks.

"Adrien," Gabriel Agreste, a famous fashion designer and his father, called out.

The teen model muttered under his breath and sighed deeply; he was caught once again. He slowly tuned to face the man, who was standing on the stairs as he sternly stared at his son. "Yes, Father?" he replied as he feigned a smile. "Where are you going?" he asked him. Adrien tensed at his question and hesitantly replied, "I was just going to go outside to get some fresh air, Father. I'll be back by 12, don't worry."

It was half true. He was indeed going outside to get some fresh air, but he left out the detail that he will be going on a date with Marinette. Yes, he did just accept her invitation. After all, he was technically the one who told her to ask him out on a date.

"Bring Nathalie and your chauffeur with you, then." he told him with a hint of doubt in his voice. Adrien scratched the back of his neck and nervously laughed, saying, "I-I'll be fine on my own, Father."

Gabriel crossed his arms over his chest and said, "Then, you will not be leaving. I forbid you to." The teen model's eyes widened; can't he just give him the freedom to do anything he wanted? He scowled and hissed at him as he crossed his arms over his chest, "I'm sorry, but did I just hear you forbid me to leave the house?"

"Yes, you just did. You have been late for several photo shoots and interviews these past several days already, Adrien. I have the right to order you not to leave the house."

Adrien hissed. "But I've done everything you ever asked for! Can't I just have the freedom to do anything I want, at least just for a day?" The man stiffened a bit, hurt by his words, but his serious expression masked his feelings. His eyebrows creased and he pointed with his staff in the direction of his room as he furiously exclaimed, "Have I raised you like that? What has happened to the obedient and kind son I once have? You will do as I say, Adrien. I've already given you enough freedom! I allowed you to go to school even if it was against my will! And you think I don't know of your late night escapes? I allowed that to happen too! So don't think I don't give you enough freedom because I do! Now, go to your room!"

His emerald eyes widened in surprise by his sudden outburst, but it soon changed as he squinted his eyes at him as he made his way up the stairs. He hung his head low in anger as he stomped his way to his room. Gabriel merely stared at him, seemingly disappointed by his actions and behavior earlier.

"You remind me so much of her, Adrien. The both of you just can't seem to understand that I'm doing this all for you." he whispered silently to himself as a stray tear fell down his cheek.

* *

"Woah there, kid! Wasn't that a bit too much? You clearly hurt the old man's feelings!" Plagg exclaimed once Adrien slammed the door shut behind him. The teen stomped his way over to the couch and he grabbed a fistful of his hair. "Maybe I did go a bit too far... I don't even know anymore, Plagg. It's just all too frustrating!" he says as he stared at the ground guiltily. He didn't mean to hurt his father, all he wanted to do was make him realize that he was unconsciously hurting him. But his tone and choice of words must have hurt him.