Let it Go

I tried to stand behind as long as possible so that no one would notice me dancing but it so happened that boys are my bane. Brad noticed me and a big smile formed on his face. He pulled me out in the front.

And trust me when I say it took all my power not to run away like a coward I turned under attention. Weston, I just looked at him once with a mocking look in my direction and I felt challenged. He thought I was not my person, I was not brave enough.

So blame it on the celebrity that I forgot about the people watching, I forgot about the stunned friends and my image. I just danced, my body formed its own mind as it caught up with the beats of the song. Brad accompanied me and I was glad that he did. My eyes didn't register on the crowd, I tried to focus on song and on grinning Brad.

Somewhere back in my mind I could hear the crowd cheer and clap.

And at that moment I felt free and dared to imagine that people were cheering for me. There were other dancers around but I was also among them and I had my shares of cheers.

The song ended and my body was humming with excitement and adrenaline. My eyes found the first person who made me do this and as reluctant as I was, I was grateful. Weston smiled at me and it looked like he was...proud.

***

I was not the winner, Brad was. I mean come on, he sucked at Ballet. So he and Weston performed on one of Weston's song, Beach Boy. The crowd went crazy, Brad was his own league of popular, he was a Marshall while Weston was...Weston.

As fast as I went up to the stage, I quickly buried myself in the crowd.

"That was some moves Elise, why are you not with the school's dance team?" Aaron from the dance team said.

He was damn good looking, he was the cute surfer type with wonderful blue eyes. I knew him because I loved our school's dance team but I never paid attention to how good looking he was.

"Umm...you guys are way better than me." I said smiling lightly.

"Aw, come on, we would love you in the team. Come for the tryouts by end of this month." Another girl, Skylar said from our dance team.

I nodded at them not sure this was happening without Leah around.

My cell phone vibrated and I already knew who it was.

A nobody, you said Stuart?- WH

I grinned at his words. He won the bet fair and square , he not only come to my school. He did something I never tried or think of doing in my student life. Maybe unintentionally but he was trying to pull me out of shadows.

Why was he doing this?

Who told you that? I never said nobody.- ES

Oh, denial Stuart. Btw, you look sexy as hell while dancing, I regret not living a hickey on you. –WH

I am pretty sure I blushed. He is playing you, he is playing you, that who he is.

I chanted in my head.

You will regret this Hamilton, I already have a revenge in mind.-ES

I am sure you do. I can't wait for you to bring it on Stuart ;) –WH

"Let's go Elise, before my buddies ask me about your bra size too." Brad said almost dragging me with him.

"BRAD!" I said astonished and embarrassed at his words.

"What? I am not lying. They were asking me about the..and I quote...'the chick with sexy long legs' and I had to protect you being an almost brother to you." He said sounding annoyed.