Girl Next Door

Author Note: Yeah this isn't FSL. Sorry. Random thing I came up with after listening to a certain song. If people like it I'll continue it, though it won't be a very long story. 

"How was school, honey?" Alex Russo's mom asked her, at the dinner table.

"It was fine..." Alex responded, lackluster. She stabbed at her dinner with her fork.

"Anything different happen today?" Her mom prodded.

God, mom... Just leave me alone, Alex thought to herself.

"Yeah mom, a UFO crash landed in the schoolyard. It was pretty crazy." Alex quipped back, hoping her mom would end this assault of questions she didn't care to answer.

"Alex!" Her dad yelled. "Don't be a smartass with your mother."

Alex surrendered. "I just don't know what you want me to say. It was school. Same as every other day." She continued digging around her plate, not planning to eat any of it.

"We just want to know how your day went, we care honey..." Her dad tried to rectify.

"I understand Dad, but really... nothing special happened. Nothing ever special happens. My life is boring."

"You have that cheerleading competition this weekend right? Are you guys ready?" Her mom was grasping at straws for conversation.

Alex dropped her fork on the plate. "Can I be excused? I'm really not hungry, I'm sorry..."

In truth she was tired of the interrogation. She knew her parents were interested in what she was doing, but sometimes they just tried too hard. It was like a broken record every night: "How was school?" "Anything interesting happen?"

Alex could swear she'd heard that line a thousand times already this year. Did they really expect her to come up with some crazy story every single night at dinner?

"You haven't even touched your dinner, Alex... Is everything okay?" Her mom asked.

"Yeah, mom. It's fine, I promise. Just not that hungry. Had a big lunch."

"Alright, honey. You can go upstairs if you want. I just worry. You never seem to want to eat at night."

Alex pushed her chair back and stood up. "It's like I said, had a big lunch. I'm sorry."

Her dad looked equally as concerned as her mom. "Did you really? What did you have?"

Alex grew immediately defensive. "Are you serious right now?"

He looked taken aback. "I didn't realize it was such an outlandish question..."

"Well it is, Dad. You don't believe me or something?" Alex was offended.

He brought his hands to his face and slowly dragged them down. "No... I believe you Alex. I was just... trying to make conversation. You rarely talk to us anymore. I'll take what I can get."

"Now you're gonna make me feel guilty? Nice, Dad. Thanks for trying. I have homework." Alex dismissed the conversation, and began walking away. She heard her parents sigh as she did.

As she walked up the stairs she heard them starting to talk, but it was indiscernible. Probably talking about how much of a terrible daughter she was or something. Whatever. She didn't care. She just wanted to be alone in her room. Her favorite place. Away from everything.

She got upstairs to her room and yawned and stretched. In lifting her arms over her head, she realized her armpits stank. Well, chilling on her bed would have to be postponed, she needed a shower and bad.