C2 | Part 1.5

Short Flashback

Without any reason, any word, not even an excuse, he left and turned his back on me. And I've always been thinking since then.

Why? Why did he leave?

That night at the ferris wheel, that very night, he kissed me and said he loved me. Yes, I kept those words and played it endlessly on my head every night. For months, my pillows were wet from the tears I'd give him.

Was there something wrong with me? I'd ask myself. Ahh. Yes, there were millions of wrong things about me.

Perhaps he had realized it when he woke up that morning.

It rained heavily that day.

"What do you mean you don't know where he is?" I said politely as I can regardless of the frustration and tears I have been holding back, roaring to burst out.
"Ms. Haruno, my apologies, Mr. Uchiha did not entrust me with that information. I hope you understand." Konan imposed.

"Well, how would you communicate? Surely he provided valid information to you to contact him."

Konan sighed and took a minute of silence before she responded.

"I want to be honest to you, and talk to you, woman to woman." She started and spoke in a much lesser formal way, "Look Sakura, you are correct indeed. That day I was hired, he sent me an email that night, containing emails and numbers he mentioned I could contact him with. And it clearly stated for me not to disclose such information to anyone else, especially to you." Konan said firmly.

"I received another email, and I, too, was in very much shock to know that he will be gone. He didn't say how long will it take or when he will be back or even where will he be. He only said it was for business."

"H-he didn't tell me.." I mumbled, unable to think of what to say.
"Perhaps he didn't want to tell you. I don't want to be rude, but I just want you to snap out of it while it's still obvious. He told me not to tell you his contact infos and he barely said anything to you before he left. And now, it's been 2 and a half weeks you couldn't get in touch with him. He is cutting you loose, Sakura." Konan slapped the words out.

"You are too gullible for men like him." She said out of pity.

Without any word but just one look to her stern, cold eyes, I left abruptly, unable to stop my tears from falling.

It was my first heartbreak, after all.

I left the building, and heavy rain poured over me. I ran as fast as I could to nowhere, my whole self soaking wet.

Stopping at an empty damp park below a tree, I sat in the trunk and hugged my knees close to me.

My heart hurts badly.

Weeks turns into months, months into years and he still never came back.

I did the best I could, asked Mrs. Uchiha, but she would cry too, not knowing where her son was off to. I exhausted my resources and still nothing. No one knew. Or most likely, no one wanted to tell me. Until then, I learned how to give up.

I realized, waiting for something that wasn't there was worthless.

Pushing yourself to someone who doesn't want you was worthless.

It was a bright summer morning when Sasori came to cheer me up like he always does during lunch breaks at dad's company. It was the time I saw this school brochures outside the country when he brought them in.

"I'm planning to study abroad, you know, to gain more knowledge to help out the company." He explained with a nervous grin on his face after noticing my sudden interest on the brochures.

"Can I come?" I said, thinking it was a good idea. It would indeed be very fulfilling if I had accomplished something as they did after noticing the sweet smiles of the graduates on the brochures.
"You serious?" Sasori's eyes were wide in shock.
"W-why not?" I said awkwardly.
"I'm just happy you'll come, because if not, I wouldn't see you for years," He laughed gently.

The truth is, well, partly, is that I wanted to forget him and the heartbreak so I wanted to take this opportunity, and of course, mainly I wanted to have an achievement on my own, not simply being handed the company with zero experience but being handed the company because I deserved it.

We left Japan shortly and that very day I stepped on the aircraft, is the very day I pledged to myself,

It was time to start over and forget about things that will continue to hurt me.

My sweet memories of him.