Chapter Six - Solutions

Caitlyn's POV (Room 1)

Clara and Gwen run in, looking furious and annoyed. They tell Maya something and all run out after shouting the pool will be closing down as soon as everyone exits.

Then, Larissa runs in and says, "Everyone, come to Hayden, Myles, Caitlyn, Arlyn and them's room. We want, to discuss things."

So of course, wondering why and what and several other questions, we all exit the pool and hurry to our room, to find everyone crowded in it. I sit with Vesper and Arlyn on the couch across from Myles and Hayden. Oscar joins them and the others sit on the floor.

"Look, we've been awake for two days and things already don't seem right. If we've even been awake for two days. We could've been in those rooms for several days, we don't know." Larissa says. "Thing is, this is all familiar. I don't know if you guys have, but we've had a couple of memories return, triggered by other things."

"So have we, we knew each other before the memory wipe." Hayden says.

"Another interesting thing," A boy, Ian I think, says. "There's something out there. We were told by Gwen, that we need the combat skills, because this building won't last forever. What's out there, will destroy the building. No idea what, but there's something out there."

"There's no windows or anything, so this place is probably underground." Someone mumbles.

"Especially if it's to stay hidden, then it's almost certainly underground." I say.

"But why would they take our memories?" Vesper asks.

"I guess so we're all friends again? And so we don't ask to go on missions or something. I don't know, but I suspect it's so we stop remembering the suspicions of there being a traitor." I reply.

I look at Vesper who nods slightly. She saw that too.

"What if, we just go about our business and see what comes up? Hayden asks.

"Yeah, I think that'd be best." Arlyn says.

"Yeah, okay."

"Alright seems fair."

"Hmm, hey guys wanna go see if the pool opened up again?"

"Hey yeah, sure."

Soon, everyone files out of our room and only people who live here are left.

"I saw that glance, you two had a memory." Hayden says to Vesper and I.

"Vesper asked me, but why would they take our memories, and I said I guess so we're all friends again, and so we don't ask to go on missions or something, I don't know, but I suspect it's so we stop remembering the suspicions of there being a traitor." I relay.

"Our memories were definitely taken. And something about missions?" Vesper says.

"What kind of missions?" Hayden asks.

"Well, there's no windows and such, so this place is probably underground meaning going above ground is pretty deadly. Perhaps there are missions we could have been sent on to go up there, or will be sent." Oscar says.

"Another thing, why the words? Like, Gemini and Aries, Scorpio." Myles says.

"Why any of this? This is all so ridiculous. Why can't we just have some answers?" Vesper says.

~

Gwen's POV (Trainer's room)

"Ty and Dr K are dead. We're the only ones left. The kids are regaining their memories. We still know nothing of the traitor/s. We need to get in contact with the other four facilities. Is there any certainty with any of them that they're not in any way working with the government?" Clara says.