Chapter Ten - Unstable Since The Day He Came

Finch's POV (Room 2)

We're all dismissed fairly quickly after that. Gwen and Maya disappear to their floor and the rest of us scatter. I wander into the pool area, alone, deep in thought. I roll up my pants and sit on the edge of the pool with my feet in the water.

"Well hello Finch." Hayden says appearing beside me. He also slips his feet into the water and sits not far away from me.

"Mhm. Hello." I reply. I'm somewhat suspicious as to why he's here. "I gained a few memories today. Thank you for saving me from being drowned."

He realises what I mean. "Seriously stay away from the guy."

"No one seems to know why he's like how he is. Why does he feel the need to kill me?" I ask.

"You don't remember, do you?" Hayden asks.

"Well, no." I mumble.

"He confessed his love to you. And you rejected him. And something snapped. I don't know anything about him before he came here, no one does, but he's unstable." He explains. "Was even when he first got here."

"Unstable? I wouldn't say that." Edgar chimes in. I turn around and realise he's right behind me.

Hayden stands up. "What are you doing here Edgar?"

"Nothing." Edgar says shrugging. He has a wicked gleam in his eye.

I slowly stand up and try to step away from the pool. He lets me take a couple of steps before pushing me in. I quickly surface, horrified. I dislike water. I stumble trying to grab the edge of the pool but am pulled down. I thrash about tryng to get back to the surface. I can tell it's Edgar pulling me down.

"Finch!" Hayden yells and leans down trying to give me something to grab on to to pull myself out of the pool. It's not working. I can hear Edgar laugh.

"Keep struggling, I'll be back in a minute, I'm getting help." Hayden says and runs. I manage to grab the edge with one hand and pull myself out of the water to take a breath but am pulled back down.

"Why....Are.....You....Trying.....To....Drown....Me?" I ask when my head is above water.

"Because I hate you! I bloody hate you Finch!" He says sarcastically.

"Why?"

"Oh I guess you don't remember. How you left me there!" He says and pushes my head down. I keep thrashing about but begin to feel weaker by the minute. I don't remember what I did to Edgar to make him want to kill me. I hope I do so I can figure a way to stop almost being killed all the time.

"Finch!" I hear Hayden's voice. Everything is blurring though.

I hear a large splash and a series of curses from Edgar. He's pulled off of me and I'm pulled out of the water by Hayden. Edgar's being held back by Vesper, Arlyn and Oscar. Edgar laughs as he watches me.

"Thanks." I mumble shakily, clutching Hayden's arm for support. He helps me get out of the pool and into one of the seats in the stands. I shiver from the coldness and the shock.

"You were wrong. I left him somewhere or something he said." I say.

"Alright. Don't worry about that now." Hayden says and helps me stand. He leads me out of the pool area and down the hallway to Room One. He opens the door and quickly shuts it. I'm sat down on the couch which in moments is soaking wet from my hair and clothes.

Caitlyn wanders out from her room while Hayden comes back with a towel.

"Oh, jesus, what happened?" Myles asks walking in the room. Caitlyn seems to realise what's happened. "Again?"