Chapter 7 - The Classroom Where We Used To Learn

Caitlyn's POV

It feels all too normal to sit and watch these guys play music. They finish their song and slowly step away from the instruments.

"Well, I guess we were musicians." Vesper says.

"Nah, you think?" Arlyn asks.

"The others are in the lab and classroom aren't they?" I ask.

"Yeah. I'm not interested in the lab, but the classroom seems interesting." Ian says.

So we go to the classroom where Hailey, Larissa, Hayden and Myles are. Myles is standing at the front of the class room while the other three are sitting in seats.

"Hey guys, sit down. Just, anywhere." Myles says.

Ian sits near Hayden leaving a space between them, where Myles probably would sit. Vesper, Arlyn and I all sit in the row behind Larissa and Hailey. The classroom has a whiteboard and a desk on a raised bit at the front. There's no windows and there's nothing on the walls at all. The desks are in rows of four leaving space on either side to walk past them.

"Why did you sit there?" Myles asks. We all freeze.

"We've been in here before. A lot of times." I mumble.

"Yeah, definitely." Ian says as Layton, Edgar and Finch all walk in. I've finally learnt everyone's names though I think that's just the memories returning talking.

Layton and Edgar sit with Ian while Finch sits with Larissa and Hailey. Myles sits beside Hayden.

"Hey, what's everyone doing in here?" Maya asks walking in, her green hair plaited as usual.

"Hey, guys you're all so early, why?" She asks softly.

"We like learning. It's fun." someone, I think Finch says.

"It is, isn't it?" She says smiling sadly. "I'm glad you like learning, I really am."

"You taught us. In this classroom." Arlyn says slowly.

"Yeah. I did. Now the others are going to kill me." Maya says and starts walking out the door.

"Wait—" Vesper stops her.

"Yes?"

"Can't you give us any information? We just, want to know where we are, what's happening."

Maya sighs. "I would if I could." She says and walks out.

Vesper gets up and walks out after her. Arlyn and I follow.

We walk out into the hallway and see Maya hand Vesper a note. Vesper reads it and rips it up into tiny pieces beyond recognition. Maya disappears and Vesper ignores our questioning looks.

"I'll explain later." She says shrugging and disappears into the gym.

Arlyn and I follow her.

Elly's in there sparring with a bunch of what seem like wolves.

"I want to do some shooting practice." Vesper says to Elly

"Yeah okay." She says not stopping sparring. "Noah!"

A weapon rack of guns appears along with targets about twenty metres away. Vesper grabs a rifle and begins to shoot the target, hitting vitals perfectly.

~

Gwen's POV (Trainer's Room)

"Oi, Noah." I say.

"Mhm?" He asks.

"Bring up where everyone is on that screen there." I say pointing to one of the screens.