CHAPTER TWELVE

───WITH THE EXCEPTION OF DINNER, Alice and her friends rotated between the house tables, but Alice had to admit, she definitely enjoyed sitting at Gryffindor table, as things tended to be much more exciting over there than the Ravenclaw table

───WITH THE EXCEPTION OF DINNER, Alice and her friends rotated between the house tables, but Alice had to admit, she definitely enjoyed sitting at Gryffindor table, as things tended to be much more exciting over there than the Ravenclaw table. Not that there was anything wrong with the lack of excitement at her own table, but Alice still was chasing after adventure after missing out on Wonderland for so long.

But during her time spent at the Gryffindor table, she was able to meet other students, one of them being Fred's, George's, and Percy's older brother, Charlie. He resembled the twins greatly, the three of them with their stockier appearances in comparison to Percy, who appeared quite lanky to them. However, the best part of Charlie was his love for magical creatures and the special relationship he shared with all of them. Alice loved listening to the stories about the creatures he was able to work with, in the Care of Magical Creatures class, thinking it was definitely going to be an elective she ended up taking when the time came in her third year.

And even Mr Rabbit seemed to be quite fond of him too, but that was for a different reason entirely. Apparently, Charlie knew the exact spot between Mr Rabbit's ears that couldn't resist being scratched. Yet, while Charlie and the twins were amazing, Alice still found herself drawn to Percy, mainly because he remained relatively quiet in comparison to his siblings. Despite sharing similar features to his brothers, that seemed to be all they had in common.

On several occasions, when the opportunity presented itself, Alice would try to converse with Percy at the table, but usually, he came across as a bit too stern and strict to her liking. She tried to be polite and kind, but she normally found herself being scolded for some reason, even when he was only just a couple years older than her. Half the time, Alice didn't even know why she was getting a lecture as she would just sit there, completely blank in the face.

With such a contrast to the others, Alice wondered what led to Percy being sorted into Gryffindor as many of the others seemed to disregard the rules with more reckless behaviour, while Percy practically wrote the rulebook. Fred and George joked that he was only allowed into the house because all Weasleys had been sorted into Gryffindor. But Charlie reassured Alice, that being in Gryffindor was not just about upholding bravery.

"Or having chivalry for that matter," George added one evening that caused the twins to snicker before they were silenced by Charlie giving them a look. As the older Weasley leaned across the way to pet Mr Rabbit, he offered Alice a smile as he spoke of Percy in a better light.

"Percy, as much as these two don't like to admit it, does have traits of our house. He certainly has more than enough nerve and he can be quite daring, just not in the stereotypical terms. Maybe he won't stare down a dragon or pull on the tail of something deadly to prove it, but I don't know too many younger students willing to approach a seventh year and scold them for running in the corridors."

Alice's eyes widened as Charlie laughed. "He did that? But why would he even bother?"

"Because he's Percy," Charlie answered with a shrug, unable to come up with another reason, " it's just what he does. What he's always done. He likes to enforce the rules. He's been like that since he was young, if anyone enforced our parents' rules at home, it was him."