The Wedding

As Johnny and I walked into the board room hand in hand, I left his side and received my bouquet from a hotel worker. "Thank You" I said politely before tucking a strand of my curled hair behind my ear. Alicia said the same before turning towards the noise Johnny was making with a champagne bottle. "Johnny, you shouldn't tease him so much." Alicia stated obviously about Ben whilst she fiddled with the bow on her flowers "It was a joke" Johnny replied as he poured a glass for himself. "I don't know, I think it bothers you to see him really happy and in love. I think your Jealous" Slightly hurt by the end of Alicia's sentence I stepped back and made quick eye contact with Storm before I turned and looked out of the window. "You think I'm jealous? Have you seen Alexa?" Johnny answered allowing me to feel more comfortable as I turned my head slightly to see the remains of a loving smile on his face.

"No" Alicia replied bluntly ruining the moment ever so slightly causing me to giggle. As the conversation came to an end Ben's loud feet could be heard as he and Sue walked into the room." Ta-Da!" Ben exclaimed as Johnny and I took in Susie's appearance. "Hey, it's the bride of the stretchy man" Johnny commented as I walked to his side. "Don't start" Sue smiled as she looked at us through her veil. "Don't listen to him, you look gorgeous" I squealed with a grin. Sue gave a smile before Ben instructed myself and Alicia to go outside. "Come on. We're on." Ben grunted with Alicia attached to his arm. "Okay, okay" I replied giving Johnny a quick kiss on the check and I small wave to Sue before I went to take my position outside. As I walked slowly down the isle with Ben and Alicia hand in hand behind me, I couldn't help but give Reed a small smirk to which he returned.

Ben took his place next to Reed whilst me and Alicia sat down on the first row of chairs. Just as I took my seat a beeping noise came from Reed's pocket. "Reed, will you shut your phone off!" Ben hissed as quietly as he could. "Actually its a..." Before Reed could finish the Bridal Chorus began to play and we took to our feet. I watched with a small smile as Johnny walked his sister down the isle. A rouge tear slid down my cheek as Reed grinned with a whimpering Ben beside him. As Johnny gave his sister to Reed he took his place next to me. I took his hand and squeezed it lightly before turning my attention to the couple. "Dearly beloved, we are gathered here today to...." Before the priest could continue a helicopter flew above us and created its horrible buzzing. "Sue and Reed congratulations on your wedding!" A reporter shouted over a speaker. I sighed and gave my attention back to Sue and Reed who had given the same response. The priest continued but was now accompanied by Ben blowing his nose. The beeping from Reeds PDA started again."I cant believe you actually bought that thing to our wedding!" Sue exclaimed as the Priest gave up saying the vowels."I know but there's a good reason" Reed replied causing me to turn to Johnny in disbelief. He held the same expression as me but the two of us still continued to wait for the wedding to proceed."We have to get through this quickly" Reed panted to the priest "That's romantic" Sue replied annoyance clear in her voice.

"Should I continue?" the priest asked."Yes please" Reed nodded. "There are many kinds of love" The vicar began again."Could you skip to the end please?" Reed impatiently asked "Reed" Sue hissed as I shook my head and looked to my lap. "Excuse me" the priest asked, before Reed's PDA began to beep again. Suddenly all of the power of New York city shut off and the wind began to pick up immensely. I gripped Johnny's hand tighter before I looked to the sky. I just about heard Reed whisper "It's too late" just as the news helicopter dropped from the sky. As guests ran for their lives I watched in horror as Reed used his abilities to grab two of them away from the rotating blades of the helicopter that had crashed landed and was out of control on the venues roof. I looked to Alicia, who had know idea what was happening before her.  I squeezed Johnny's hand and briefly looked into his blue eyes before rushing to Alicia's aid. Ignoring Johnny's shouts of objection I slid down onto my knee's past Sue and grabbed Alicia to the underside of my body, possibly protecting her from the blades of the helicopter with my own body, as I whispered comforts into her ears. I turned slightly to see Sue shielding us from the blades but her force field wasn't wide enough and the helicopters tail came swirling towards us."Ben!" Alicia screamed as I pushed her to the floor out of the blades path.

Without thinking I rose my hands and projected all the water I could muster towards the flying vehicle. My powerful water stream began to push the bladed tail away from us, I knew I wouldn't last and I began to falter, my water lessened and I couldn't see a way out. I looked to Alicia who was in tears whilst I fell to my knee's still releasing as much water from my hands as possible. Just as my vision began to blacken Ben grabbed the back end of the helicopter and ripped it off before myself and Alicia could be injured. Panting and giving a slight nod to Ben I rose to my feet and scouted for Johnny. I spotted him just as a fast silver line flew past catching my attention from above. "Johnny" I shouted pointing to the whooshing noise "This Dolce" He argued running his hand over his suit before Reed rose an eyebrow. Johnny groaned before he began to run to the edge of the building flaming In the process. "Flame on!" He ordered before he was engulfed in flames and sped off after the foreign object."Be safe" I whispered before looking down at my soaking dress. I lifted the material from the floor to around my knee's in one hand before putting my heels in the other and looking around at Sue's destroyed dream wedding. I sat down next to Sue and allowed her to cry into my soggy shoulder whilst I waited for Johnny's return.