Scared to touch

"It looked like a man, but completely covered in silver, and it flew this, like...surfboard type thing. I know that sounds crazy." Johnny finished as Sue and I walked into the room after changing from our dresses. I took a seat next to Johnny appreciating the soft heat radiating off of him as Ben replied "Oh, no, not at all." Ben began as I noticed the General and his crew standing opposite us in the small office. "Did you follow the shiny man to lollipop land or the rainbow junction" Ben finished laughing slightly as Johnny and I glared at him."Look I know what I saw" Johnny interrupted before Reed spoke up."Thank you. It's alright, Johnny." Reed said as Johnny took a sip of water calming himself from Bens antagonising. "Whatever this thing is, it has the ability to convert matter and energy."

"So it caused the anomalies" the General but in."It seems to radiate cosmic energy when it exerts itself, randomly affecting matter. Evidently, this entity, this....Silver Surfer" Reed queried as everyone turned to Johnny. "Didn't want to be detected. It destroyed the sensor." I nodded as Reed finished. "It knew it was being monitored?" I questioned looking to Johnny before averting my gaze back to Reed. "And traced it back to here. We're dealing with something highly resourceful." Reed finished looking to the General. Johnny abruptly stood and winced in the process."Are you ok?" I asked reaching my hand out slightly to him as he felt over his body, still grimacing. "Yeah. I just.... I gotta walk this off." Johnny replied looking me in the eyes before walking out of the stuffy room.

As I pulled my eyes away from him I saw everyone else's on me. I looked to Sue before nodding and quickly walking off after the hot head." Johnny?" I called out into the empty lounge, with no response I sighed in defeat and began to walk away before a shout from Johnny pulled my eyes to the window. A semi flaming Storm fell from the sky with a car alarm sounding shortly after a loud impact was heard. I rushed down the stairs two at a time before I reached the ground floor and began to sprint to my boyfriend. "Johnny?" I shouted as the crowd cleared to show the very ill looking Johnny clinging to a lamp post."Johnny? are you ok?" I questioned catching my breath as I slowed by his side."I don't know. I've been feeling really strange since my run in with surfer boy." He replied panting whilst shaking his head. "Maybe we should get you checked out" I stated as I gingerly placed my hand on his forehead.

A strange sensation covered me as a rush of heat covered my body."Why did you do that!?" I exclaimed. "I didn't do anything" He replied frantically as I caught alight. "Stop,drop and role!" Johnny shouted over my screaming as I felt my jeans and t-shirt char from my body. Before I could react I was lifted from the floor and spun around in the air in a massive ball of fire. "Oh, my God, Lex! Just... just hang on I'll get you, okay?" I couldn't respond as my own screaming defend me as I rose higher into the air. Now high enough to see through the Baxter buildings upper windows I watched as Reed walked through his room. "Reed! Reed!" I screamed hoping for him to hear. "Alexa! What's going on?" he questioned walking towards me. "I'm on fire" I screamed my voice going hoarse."You're on fire!" He shouted back. "You think!?" I screamed. "Hold on!" He bellowed."Pull me in!" I shouted before I started to fall from the sky, still screaming in the process. As a crowd began to form below I continued to scream at them that I was not the Human torch before Reed came forward. "Alexa what happened."

"I don't know I, I  touched Johnny and..." I struggled to say as my hands flapped everywhere."Where is Johnny?" Reed shouted as Sue rushed to his side."Here." A sopping Johnny replied as water continued to gush from his hands creating a large puddle around him."Try it again?" Reed and Sue shouted in sync as Johnny rushed forward and wrapped his wet hand around my ankle, my body still floating in the air. The familiar sensation of my power covered my skin as I fell to the pavement chest first. Naked. Casual wolf whistles and smutty comments were heard from men nearby as terrified tears streamed down my face and dropped from my shaking body."Lex I'm so sorry" Johnny began kneeling to my side and taking the jacket from Reed before covering me as best he could from the publics eye."I know, I know" I whispered as I shielded my self from the paparazzi rushing back into the Baxter building. Reed and Sue went up in one lift leaving Johnny and I to go up in an other on our own. "Alexa I'm...." I stopped Johnny before he could continue "Its not your fault,baby." I stated looking to Johnny. The lover I was afraid to touch.