Distance

"All of Lex's results are normal" Richards stated as we all crowded round him in the lab looking at my blood samples "But Johnny's...." Reed began before getting cut off  "Johnny's are what" Storm asked as he leant against a work bench with his arms folded looking extremely pissed. "Your encounter with the surfer has affected your molecules, they're in a constant state of flux" Reed replied with wide eyes.  Johnny took in a deep breath and looked away from Reed catching my eye slightly before turning back to the scientist. "Is that bad?" he questioned now gripping onto the edge of the work bench, his knuckles whitening. "Well it caused you to temporarily switch powers with Alexa" Reed began as Johnny looked to me with sadness causing me to look to the floor shamefully.

"Ideally I would like to run some more tests" Reed continued before Ben began to walk towards Johnny "Would you like a volunteer !!" The Thing exclaimed as he slammed his drink on the table and stalked his way over to Johnny who was currently clambering up onto the lab counter to get away from Ben's rocky grasp. "No No No!!!" The four of us screamed to Ben as he approached Storm. "Hey, No, Stop this is serious!" Johnny shouted over everyone causing Ben to back off. "I just wanted to give him a hug" Ben grumbled turning to Reed. "Same" I mumbled only loud enough for Johnny to hear causing him to look at me with guilt across his face.

"We don't know the extent of his condition yet!" Sue justified before Reed continued. "It could be progressive, it could be degenerating" The scientist listed as I looked to the floor again. "It could be fun!!" Ben added ignoring every warning that had just been thrown at him. And before Johnny could get the words out, Ben grabbed Storms shoulder and the same orange to blue surge as before covered the two and soon Ben looked like his old self. "Hey it's me, I'm back !!!" Ben exclaimed patting the flames from his oversized shirt. A smile covered mine, Sues and Reeds faces, but it soon disappeared as we looked to Johnny.

Johnny stood before us covered in rock, the four of us kept quiet as he looked down at his arms before rushing forward and grabbing a metal bin and looking at his reflection. "Oh My God !" He shouted before looking around the room, I stared wide eyed. "Come on, we just said this was SERIOUS!"  Johnny continued whilst looking at Ben. "Oh yeah serious" Ben began before bursting into laughter. As Johnny looked at his reflection and continued to moan about his appearance Reed walked forward and inspected my now rocky boyfriend."Incredible" Reed breathed as Ben kept lighting his fingers."Reed you better be able to fix this, Alexa can't even look at me!" Johnny stated as he gazed to me, I tore my eyes from his as a rouge tear slid down my cheek."I'm on it" Reed replied looking between the two of us.

Suddenly a large ball of fire hit Johnny in the face causing me to flinch and cower, "I'm starting to see why you like that" Ben taunted, but Johnny wasn't bothered, he was looking at me, I had hidden myself behind a wall of water, Sue and Reed followed his stare and soon Bens eyes were on me too."Ben stop it" Sue command obviously taking in my distress. As the team stared at me I lowered the water and absorbed it through my palms. "sorry I uh....." I stuttered as I stood before my friends. Johnny looked to me before storming over to Ben and taking his powers back."Aww crap" Ben groaned. "It's not funny " Johnny replied sternly before looking back at me. "What am I meant to do in the mean time?" Johnny questioned as he stared into my eyes. "Just try to keep your distance from us" Reed stated as he put his arm around Sue. Johnny looked to me once more staring at the tears sliding down my cheeks before nodding with a forced smile and walking off as Ben shouted after him. I sighed before leaving the lab and walking to the top floor, I needed to breathe, Johnny's power terrified me.