III

"These days I can't seem to get along with anyone."

"Lou, it's 2 o'clock, wake up." Louis grumbled incoherently when his sleep is being interrupted by his best friend. He hears the curtains being drawn and suddenly a flash of warm light is blazing over his face, causing him to curse loudly and tug the duvet over his face. He curses impossibly louder when the duvet is thrown onto the ground and he is hugging his knees to his face, rubbing his cheek against the soft material of Hannah's jumper.

"Louis, you promised Avery you'd pick her up at the airport." Harry spoke again, causing Louis to sit up.

"That's today?!" He questioned, hurrying to his feet whilst mentally thanking Harry for making him sober up before he slept. Harry shook his head as he left the room, wondering how Louis ever became so disorganised. While Louis was frantically getting ready by shaving and styling his hair, Harry decided to clean up Louis' room, seeming as Louis would have no time and Avery would come home to see it was a tip. He grabbed the old clothes scattered around the ground like carnage, scooping it into his arms and throwing it into the dirty laundry basket. He peeked back into the bathroom to see Louis was brushing his teeth before grabbing Hannah's jumper and throwing that into the wash also.

Louis rushed out into the room, grabbing jeans and a t-shirt from the wardrobe and slipping into them quickly, hopping around awkwardly whilst putting on his socks. Harry laughed,  making his way downstairs to clean the living room also. He then sees Louis rushing down the steps, mumbling about how late he was whilst also texting rapidly on his phone.

"Mate calm down." Harry laughed, causing Louis to loosen up ever so slightly. Louis went off into the kitchen to take medication before he was soon leaving the house, waving farewell to Harry who was meeting up with a couple of friends at a cafe.

•••

"Oh my god, I've missed you so much." Avery mumbled, tears running down her cheeks as she engulfed Louis into a hug. The sound of cameras clicking are heard, causing them both to sigh as they release one another after a quick kiss. Louis tugs Avery's suitcase as they made their way towards his car. The first few minutes of the car journey was silent as Avery wiped mascara from underneath her eyes using a compact mirror, it soon ended when she picks up a bottle cap from the foot area of her seat.

"So how much have you been drinking whilst I've been away?" Avery queried, reading over the bottle cap to notice that it was whiskey.

"Occasionally." Louis lied, not wanting to tell Avery that he'd be mourning over his girlfriend's cousin and his son leaving. Avery nodded, taking a glance at Louis before shaking it off, letting the window open and throwing the cap out onto the motorway. Louis peeked a glance at her actions, chuckling at how cute she was when she was mad. Louis asked about her photoshoots, causing her eyes to light up and her cheek bones to rise as she begins to describe the places she had travelled to and the people she had met. Louis nodded, infatuated by her happiness as she droned on happily with wild hand gestures has if she had been itching to tell Louis once he had asked.

When they finally made it home, they decide to order take-out and lounge on the sofa, Louis holding Avery close to him and kissing her cheek every so often. Avery kept her eyes on the TV, every so often looking up to peek at Louis to see him frowning and his eyes dull. Deep inside of her she knew he was saddened by Hannah's departure but didn't want to admit it to her. Avery couldn't help but have some hatred for Hannah, how she had agreed to help her yet Hannah had thrown it all down the drain by running away and not bothering to even tell her or her parents where she had gone.

"Do you ever wonder, where Hannah went?" Avery dared to ask, watching Louis' eyes snap out of their dazed reverie and into Avery's blue eyes. His mind began racing, along with Avery as they think back to the short yet sassy girl. Avery thinks she'd hidden away moving from motel to motel, Louis thinks she flew away somewhere like she always dreamed to. I guess they'd never really know. Avery nudged Louis wanting an answer, the thought of Hannah even crossing his mind making her a tad jealous.

"I just hope she's safe." Louis admitted with a sigh, leaning down to press a kiss on Avery's head.

"Do you reckon she has a job? And what about her new baby, and Dalton?!" Avery was curious, it was evident in her tone but Louis was not. His face grew pink as he stared at the tv, not wanting to participate in the conversation at all.

"Lou, do you think if fans see her they'll-"

"Ave, I honestly don't give a fuck and are we going to watch the rest of this episode or are you going to continue talking crap?" Louis finally burst out, his anger shown through the vein protruding from his neck.

"I thought you'd actually changed from the time I left you to rethink your life and who you love." Avery spat. "Call me when you're done with this bullshit, I'll be at a friends."

Louis made no attempt to stop her as she grabbed random items and shoved them into a tote bag before leaving the house in a huff. The air was once again filled with thick tension that could be cut with a knife. He couldn't help it, it came before he could stop. The door soon opens, Harry entering to see his best friend in a heap on the floor, crying and sobbing, (Hannah please come back, please. I love you). Harry sighed once more, his smile dropping as he made his way over, patting his back as he thought through what he could possibly do to cheer up his mate. More hatred appears for Hannah as he consoled his best friend, how much he wanted to yell at her, how betrayed he felt that she had left just like that.

"I don't even- it's not like I-" Louis hiccuped, his words incoherent as he looked up at Harry.

"We're going to find your son Lou, don't you worry."

we've reached 1k views!!!!

thank you all soso much!

i'd also like to say i have no update schedule atm bc of exam season and stuff and i have so many exams and stuff so i'll update as soon as i can but votes and comments really do motivate me !! also if you know MD readers who dont know about this please tell them theres a sequel!!

is it weird for me, (a 17 year old) to have a crush on a 15 year old? idk. i find it weird bc i usually go for older guys and he's younger and idk but he seems really mature for his age and all? idek

POTU

#zigi

#zigi

~ c.j ☘🍀