Chapter 10

Percy walked off the ride blushing, still feeling tingly about Annabeth holding his hand. As they waited for the others to get off their carts, Percy tired to quell his blush, but every time he looked at Annabeth, he blushed again. Thinking quickly, he suggested they head over to Tomorrowland and go on Star Tours. That way, since the ride was dark, you wouldn't be able to see his blush that much. The group walked over and got in line. It was only 40 minutes long, a surprisingly short time for such a popular ride. They moved from outside to inside pretty quickly, where the dark-ish mood lighting helped to hide Percy's blushing face. When they reached almost the end of the line, he told himself that he wasn't this much of an emotional guy. He needed to get a grip. Then, he decided he and Annabeth would sit in the back together to "watch the kids" but in reality, he didn't want anyone to see him attempt to try and hold Annabeth's hand.

+

Finally, they boarded the ride and Percy had convinced Annabeth to sit in the back with him, not that she needed much. The kids sat in front, Holly and Casey holding hands, and John and Ryan, who had come with them, talking to each other quietly. The lights dimmed after they made everyone check their seat belts and then suddenly Percy's face flashed on the screen at the front of the ride.

"We have found the rebel spy!"

It announced, the screen displaying Percy's face. All the kids and Annabeth were laughing. He looked so confused in the video they were taking of him. Finally, it disappeared off the screen and Percy let out a breath of relief.

Then, the real action began. The ride twisted and spun and made sudden stops and accelerated jerks. At one of the turns, Percy grabbed Annabeth's hand, not very nonchalantly. She turned her head and cracked a smile, and when the next turn hit, she squeezed it even harder.

+

When they got off the ride, Percy and Annabeth talked and exchanged phone numbers so they could get together again with everyone. They decided to head home and Holly gave Casey a kiss on the cheek before she left. John has gotten Ryan's number and the two were a little bit closer than two straight guys usually stood. But, it wasn't Percy's business, so he didn't bother commenting on it. Everything was going great and Percy was glad they found these new friends.

+

And you know, Percy genuinely enjoyed Disneyland now. With all the happiness that had come in the past few days, how could he not?

+

A/N- Hello friends! I think this is kinda a longer update, I dunno though. Its been tough at school, with all my teachers assigning me work and state testing and all that jazz. Everything has been kinda hectic, but I haven't forgot about you guys yet! I want to hear your opinions on what the plot twist is going to be and just how this story is going to continue. I'm getting some faint ideas for a Hasey spin off, but that is in no way a promise for a definite book. Still, I'm thinking. Also, I got Blue Neighborhood on CD and its sooo pretty, I like flipped the fuck out when I got it.

Advice of the day: Always try and ask about someone's pronouns. Make sure to try and be vigilant about using them.

Bye, my little fanpeoples!