Chapter 14

"The scariest moment is always just before you start"
~Stephen King.

****

What a Friday Night?
Really.

"How is that possible?"Kathryn exclaimed in a melodramatic way when Linn told her everything about the competition and all shitty stuff.

Since then all of them are screwing their heads thinking about every possibilities that can happen with me during the competition.

"Come'on guys.Just stop there alright!"I shouted hoping they would shut their mouth.

And surprisingly they did.

OH NO NO! Just for a second.

"I should call dad and mom.They might know how to come out of it" Kathryn opened her big mouth.

"Are you crazy? They are having great time.Don't make them worried." I replied immediately, disliking her idea from every angle.

"But..----

I cut her off before she could complete her sentence,"Why are you guys freaking out? You both know I am good at nothing, right?I will be out of the competition in the very first round.Don't worry."

Linn and Kathryn both opened their mouth at the same time to scold me obviously.Being the smarter one, I quickly added "It's Friday Night.Lets rock it.You guys are boring for god's sake." with way more enthusiasm than necessary.

Luckily, sound of the doorbell interrupted our little conversation. I stood up from couch saying,"I'll see".

I opened the door to reveal Melissa and Molissa.There hands were full of bags.

"What is that?"I asked pointing towards the bags which I recognized is of the store five minutes away from here.

"Guys! there was no need of this.I have inv----

"Well.Thank you." Melissa cut me off with a bored smile and entered the house slightly pushing me off with her butt.

"Aren't you coming?"I asked molissa who was busy looking outside.

"Huh?"She looked confused for a moment."Oh yeah!"

"What's wrong?"I asked her, looking at her puzzled expression.

"It felt like someone was following."molissa murmured to herself.
"Never mind!"she added and squeezed herself inside the house pushing me aside.

No doubt they are twins,I thought to myself.

I closed the door and made my way towards the living room.Molissa was comfortably sitting on the couch with Kathryn and Linn and Melissa was looking around like a child in a museum.I laughed at her expression which earned a What? kind of look from everyone.I shook my head and they started doing their unfinished business.

I walked towards Melissa and said,"There is nothing much."

"No it feels like home"melissa replied,staring at the family picture, not even glancing at my way. I don't know why but I sensed a longing tone in her voice.

"Guys come over here.Let's play truth and dare"Molissa shouted from backside.

"Coming."I shouted back.

We all sat down on the floor beside the couch making a loop.Kathryn handed each of us a glass of wine and spinned the empty bottle in the middle.The bottle slowly came to a halt and pointed towards Melissa.

"Truth or dare"I asked her excitedly.

"That's not even a question.I am daredevil" melissa answered with smug look.