Chapter Eleven: You're Welcome

After a good hour of fixing all the answers and filling the ones he couldn't get to, Lynette finally gave him back the test. Turns out, she was diagnosed with the same things the doctors had said. Depression. But the quiz also noted that Lynette had a high suicidal rate, something that Ben seemed very interested in even though it was the most obvious to them both. Much to his disapproval though, and maybe disinterest, the elf found nothing on the quiz that indicated that she was insane. Which should be considered a plus.

But that didn't mean that it was settled. What he wanted from this quiz had piqued her interest, and Lynette began to wonder why it was so important. Did it have something to do with her... ability? Did Ben have something in mind?

"So remind me again why I had to take this dumb quiz?" Lynette stretched her back, her arms reaching above her head to loosen the muscles she had abused while sitting there.

Ben shook his head, his bangs hitting against the frame of his face. "Mmm... There wasn't any reason for the quiz at all really. I just wanted to see how fast you would cave in."

Lynette's eyes twitched in her aggravation. "Oh, really?" She asked, her voice low and threatening.

The elf shrugged.

"And I also wanted to see if you had an inkling of that submissive side I saw when I had my knife out," Ben murmured almost distractedly. A hint of color appeared on Lynette's cheeks as he continued,  "That part of you is what interests me the most, seeing how you practically moaned at the thought of death."

Lynette's shoulders hiked to her ears. "I did not mo-"

"You moaned. You moaned like a little bitch that was almost going to cum. And I swear, if I had trailed my knife any lower, you might have..." Ben trailed off as a snide grin spread across, his eyes narrowing suggestively as Lynette pieced everything together, only to find herself horrified with that image.

"You're disgusting," the young woman uttered, her cheeks only darkening.

"There is nothing wrong with getting a little excited about knives, Lynette. Trust me, I've come across people who like murdering women and raping them until they die. Or rip in half. And they're completely normal. Hell, even I have kinks that surprise me."

Lynette made a face, a face that obviously said, PLEASE STOP TALKING. But not until she saw a disturbance in his red eyes, did her expression falter. His eyes were now focused to the side as if he were questioning something within himself.

"In fact... that little episode you had seemed to suit my tastes, as well," Ben interrupted, almost as if he were speaking to himself before flashing a side glance at her direction.

Lynette blinked her eyes from the statement and Ben could feel himself being pulled into deep thought, his hands settling over the keys on the computer. His black eyes narrowed as he stared into her green ones, searching for something within them like he was trying to solve a puzzle, trying to find the knot that would unravel her mind's barriers and throw her into vulnerability. He wanted to know why she could see the dead, why he was able to touch him without permission. He wanted to bash her head on the side of the bedpost just so he could get a look inside of her skull. But all he could do was pry her apart while she was still alive. Though he liked his subjects to die, losing Lynette would mean missing an opportunity.

"Uhhh..."

Ben dismissed the obvious attempt to break his staring spell. And he was reminded of how normal Lynette was, how different she was to his friends back at home. All Ben could see was a young woman with nothing irregular about her, the only shocking about her appearance being the length of her hair, the paleness of death striking her skin, only making her blush stand out more.