- 4 -

Kim and her two babies spent about a week recuperating in the hospital. The other baby boy had been staying with Naruto and Hinata since the kidnapping meanwhile Sasuke stayed in the hospital. They were evaluated for physical and psychological trauma because of their strenuous experience. After showing no signs of trauma, they were released from the hospital. Everyone speculated what that odd creature was. The remains of the kidnapping monster were collected and it was said that the creature had been one of Orochimaru's experiments that somehow escaped. As the little Uchiha family walked out accompanied by a few friends, Kim urged Sasuke to take his kids for a stroll while she went home to rest.

It was late in the day and Sasuke had been out with his offspring, enjoying the sunset. He could tell that they were getting weary and decided to go back home. He entered through the back, in hopes that he wouldn't wake Kim up, should she be sleeping. He took his little ones into their nursery and placed each one in their own crib. He smiled at how they each snuggled into their blankets as he covered them and fell into deep, quiet sleep. As he stood over one of the cribs, admiring one of his babies continue to slumber, Kim came into the nursery and looked down at their child from opposite of him. He looked up at her, noted how uneasy she looked and continued to watch their child.

"We need to talk about your promise." Kim tried to gulp away a knot she felt in her throat. Sasuke reached down at his son and caressed his little cheek.

"I've decided what I want to do." Her voice quivered with a little uncertainty but managed to contain it. Sasuke didn't bother to look at her or say anything. He just nodded. He felt a strong hurt in his chest but did his best not to show it. He had fooled himself to believe she had forgotten. His hopes were about to be crushed and did his best to seem uncaring. Kim could sense Sasuke's demeanor change and wondered if she angered him and would keep her locked up again for even bringing up the promise in the manner that she did. But she knew that what she held within her had to be said. He had to know how she felt.

"I... I want to stay."

A shocked Sasuke looked up at her. He searched her face for any sign of deception but couldn't find one. Instead he only noticed that she lightly blushed as she rubbed her upper arm with her opposite hand.

"I... have something to show you. Meet me downstairs in a few minutes." Kim walked out of the room in a hurry, leaving a stunned Sasuke staring at where she had been standing. He looked over at his sleeping child again and pondered if her decision had anything to do with the kidnapping.

As he made his way around their home, he could see a dim flickering light coming from the dining area. He entered the candle lit room, he saw Kim next to the table arranging silverware next to two plates full of food, glasses filled with fruit water and a sake bottle sitting in between them.

"Please have a dinner date with me." Kim bowed graciously but could barely look up at him. She had never felt so nervous and anxious before. Sasuke immediately noted that she wore a beautifully embroidered, silky red knee-length kimono he had never seen before. It now made sense to him why she had asked him to take the kids for a walk. He came close to her and tilted her face upward by placing his index under her chin. Kim's face flushed as her eyes met his and his cold stare turned soft and warm. A light smile replaced the once serious lips of his.

"Thank you." He guided her to one of the chairs and pulled it out for her. Sasuke made sure to act as chivalrous with her as he could and sat her down first on the chair. He then sat down on the chair across from her and both began eating.

"I know this is strange, but I wanted to show you that I am very grateful and thankful that you saved our babies. I don't know what I would've done without you..." Kim's eyes welled up with tears but managed to keep herself composed. She cleared her throat and continued eating since she was still having a hard time looking at him.