Prologue: We Make Wider Ripples In The Celestial Ocean Than We Know

AGE OF MIRACLES | A Pietro Maximoff Love Story
By SaveTheBrooklynBoys

Sequel to AGE OF GLORY and AGE OF DARKNESS.

(Make sure to read those first!)

· ~ · ~ · ~ · ~ ·

AUTHOR'S NOTE

This is a work of fiction. Still, given an infinite number of possible worlds, it must be true on one of them. And if a story set in an infinite number of possible universes is true in one of them, then it must be true in all of them. So maybe it's not as fictional as we think.

- Interworld Foreward by Neil Gaiman 

· ~ · ~ · ~ · ~ ·

Music is "Brother's Fight" by Patrick Doyale from the Thor OST.

Picture is Cirilla by Erika-Otto from DeviantArt as Elaine Nomad.

· ~ · ~ · ~ · ~ ·

"...We make wider ripples in the celestial ocean than we know."

- Norrin Radd, Silver Surfer

· ~ · ~ · ~ · ~ ·

Recommendation: "Lost Souls - Bucky Barnes & Rey" by lukeslaywalker.

· ~ · ~ · ~ · ~ ·

PROLOGUE

{Five Years After The Battle of Asteroid M}

Sif stands before the statue of Frigga, goddess of motherhood and love. The golden piece of art was erected after the Queen's untimely demise, leaving Asgard without her Queen, Thor and Loki without their mother, and Odin without his wife. Many had come here to pay their respects in many ways. Some would sing, some would offer flowers or candles, some would leave prayers or poems. But no matter how many times Sif had come to the statue in remembrence of her Queen, she never got over the sense that the Queen Frigga still watched over them all.

"Deep in thought again, I see," Fandral says, walking up beside Lady Sif, arms behind his back. He stares at the statue longingly, remembering Frigga's kindness and generosity. "You miss her."

"Don't you?"

Fandral chuckles in response, eyes still on the golden Queen. "Aye, I do. I remember when she used to visit us after our battles, personally making certain that the Warriors Three had returned home victorious once again."

Sif smiles, turning to Fandral. "Is there a reason you have come to see me this day? I don't remember the Queen summoning for us. Has something happened?"

Fandral shakes his head, arms falling to his sides. "No, Queen Sigyn has not beckoned for us. I thought, perhaps, we could go for a ride in Vanaheim. Maybe take down a few troublesome trolls along the way? I would hate to let Vanaheim suffer the undead trolls like Asgard did only a few years ago."

After the events of Ragnorok, Asgard had been plunged into darkness. Hela, Loki's misfit daughter, had attempted to take her place as Queen. She had even recruited her father, Loki, to do just this. They had imprisoned Odin, causing him to go into an Odinsleep that he has not awoken from since. Her armies of the dead invaded Asgard, and with the help of her father, it was only a few days before they had completely taken over. They would have ruled side by side as father and daughter.