"Yes?" I ask, still unsure on how I would address him. 

"Lisa," he takes a deep breath. I can see he's still having a hard time doing so. I step closer and lean towards him, "I know I've done a lot of things I regret, and would be regretting in the future. There are a lot you have to know about me and I also have a lot to learn about you. We might not start with a normal, dreamlike relationship, but..." deep breath. I feel my heart racing. "Will you marry me?"

I don't know how to react. I mean...who would? We're already arranged, but he still considers about proposing and asking me. I don't know why, but I'm melting inside. 

"I don't have a ring, though," he chuckles nervously, "I guess I'll just buy one if...if you say...YES?" the last one is a question. He looks really attractive even with the tubes running through him. 

I look stupid just grinning and nodding. 

He chuckles. "I think we're gonna get along just fine," he says. 

"I think so," I giggle. "But..." My laughter fades, "how about...Jess?"

He furrows his brows for a second but then looks up straight at my eyes and smiles, "She'll be ok." I can still see some sadness in his eyes. "She's just gonna be fine." As if he is telling it to himself. 

I take his hand and give it a gentle squeeze, letting him feel I'm here. 

"Lisa," he holds my hand with both of his, "there would be times....you might hate me....I'm not....."

"I know," his shocked eyes get bigger, "I heard." I smile to assure him. "I'll try my best."

I think I see tears forming in his eyes but then he closes them and breathes in. 

If Jess, who doesn't even love him, was able to endure his behavior, I know I can, too. After all, I'm gonna be his wife. 

_____________________________________________________________

GD

Mark's back! I get it. I'm out of the picture. I just want to make sure she's ok before I finally leave. 

"Zhao?" I knock on the door. 

"In a minute," I hear her talking with someone. I think she's on the phone. 

"Take your time," I answer. 

The door opens after a minute and she lets me in. I immediately pull her to my arms and she giggles. 

"You know what, Kwon? The first time I saw you, I never imagined we would be this close," she laughs. 

"I didn't, too," I laugh with her. 

She's the prettiest when her face is free of all the stress and she just laughs it out. I would like to see her like this everyday. 

"Thank you," she looks at me with a weak smile. "For always being here. For not giving up on me."

I nod as I fight back tears, "Always, Zhao. I'll always be here."

"So..." she looks down at her feet awkwardly, "when can I see you again?"

"Huh?" 

"You have a busy schedule ahead of you. You've missed out on a lot of events because of this."

"Oh...that...yeah..."

"I'll see you again, right?" She asks, her expression is of worry. 

"Of course," I smile at her. "We still have the businesses back in Korea. Don't tell me you're gonna leave me alone to deal with those," I manage a chuckle.