Part 34

Lei

I immediately came back to Shanghai after what happened. I don't even know why I did that. But, at that time, I was too desperate to get her. I didn't expect Mark to be in the room. Good for him, now he knows the truth. I hope that would make him leave her so she could come back to me. I really expected her to follow...but she didn't. 

Once again, I find myself being alone. 

A few days ago, one of my men sent news about Jess' new business. He informed me that aside from GD there's one other man who is helping her. So, I did a more thorough investigation on this 'Kim SeokJin.' And would you look at that...if it isn't my brother came back from the dead. 

How can this happen? 

At first I didn't believe him. I didn't ask father about it, though. Instead, I dag into Jin-Ah's files....his death certificate...there was none. 

I had to meet him. And so I did. They had a concert in Hong Kong yesterday. The organizer let me meet their manager, saying I am a fan. I used all my connections to get a chance to meet him in person. I was taken to the backstage after their concert. 

I could see in his shocked face that he knew me, but he quickly hid his expression. I asked him if we could talk, he obliged. Maybe he thought I was just really a big fan. 

So, when we talked, I asked him about his businesses, saying I'm interested in investing in one. He said he wasn't looking for any and lied even further telling me he didn't have that many businesses to start with. 

I asked him how he knew Jess, and he told me it was through GD. How can he lie so easily? He had a straight face all through out, making me doubt my source. 

He didn't, for once, showed any sign of missing me or the family. Didn't he know how distraught I was when he left? He was the only person I depended on aside from Jess. Why did he have to hide? But I just couldn't ask him that time. 

I went out drinking again after that. I continued drinking until the morning, just napping for an hour or two then drinking again as soon as I open my eyes. 

Funny enough, the hotel he's staying in is my dad's. I battle with myself whether to confront him and ask him about the truth the whole day. But, they've been busy. I wait until he's alone in the room before going in. 

____________________________________________________________________

Jin

I knew something was up when Lei came in the backstage to talk to me. He pretended to be a fan, but he talked about business. He didn't even ask for a picture or an autograph. 

The group was supposed to fly back to Korea this afternoon and I was supposed to go straight to Jeju, but what happens next was unexpected. 

Lei barges in the room, drunk. He sits on the couch and just stares at me at first. 

Then he says, "this is my dad's hotel." He smirks, then, "I mean...our dad. Am I right?" 

I slowly sit on the chair across from him, sighing. "What do you want?"

"What do I want? Don't you even want to know how I've been? What I've been doing? How I was when you died...left?" He shouts. 

I sigh again. "I know. I kept tabs on you, Lei."

"Then did you know I was in an asylum because I thought you died?"

No, I didn't. That fact, I didn't get to know. He was in an asylum? What happened?