Part 4

One last chapter for today before I hit the sack. Have fun reading. Tell me what you think so far.

_________________________________________________________________________

Jess

So, Victor has told his dad about me and my issues....well, I mean about the business....and he is all too happy to help. He said he would try to find some possible investors who would want to take a risk on a small restaurant. 

Just a day before my flight, and I'm already excited. At least my vacation would have double purpose. Not only would I be seeing my best friend and cousin again, I would also be venturing into the world of business. 

I'm in my room and thinking what else I need to put on my already full luggage when Cuifen knocks on my door. 

"Miss," she's almost at the brink of crying. "You're leaving again." 

"Hey, it's only for a month or two.....or even more.....But," I walk up to her and hold her in my arms, "it's not like I'll be gone for years. It's just Korea. Much nearer than New Zealand. I'm coming home every now and then depending on how it would turn out." 

Snow comes in the room, too. His head bent and he sounds like he's crying with his moans and groans. "Oh, Snow." I kneel down to give him a hug, too. "Don't cry, baby. You'll be coming with me." And with that, as if he understands, he hugs me back and I fall on my back on the floor. 

"I hope I can come, too." Cuifen says. 

"I'll send for you if I decide to stay there longer, ok?" I swear this old woman acts like a child at times. She runs to me and the three of us hug each other on the floor. 

"Miss," another maid comes in, "somebody's here for you." 

I walk down the stairs with Snow following close behind, wondering who it might be. 

What's he doing here again? Lei greets me at the foot of the steps with a bouquet of flowers. 

"Good morning, Jess. I hope you still like lilies." He says, handing the beautiful flowers in different shades of purple. 

"Thanks," at least he still knows what I want. Although I want to smile and admire the flowers on my hand, I suppress it and hold a poker face. "What are you doing here?....Again?"

"I came to see you. I hope you don't mind." His smile is from ear to ear, showing his perfect white teeth. 

"Well, I do. I'm quite busy, you see. I'm packing. Thanks again for the flowers, you know your way out." I turn around to go up the stairs. 

"Packing? Where are you going?" He runs up and blocks my way, standing two steps higher. 

"None of your biz, Lei." I try to walk past him but he quickly side steps to stop me. 

"Where? You just got here." 

Just to shut him off, "I'm going to see my boyfriend. OK? Comprende? "

It seems to work as he knits his brows and allows me to pass. But just before I get in the room and close the door, he runs after me again. 

"Where?" 

"Korea." As soon as I said that, I regret it. How can I be so stupid...what if he follows me there and see that I'm lying? He wouldn't, would he?

"Oh...Is he Korean then?" 

"What do you care?" I really didn't know how to answer that. Before he could ask any more questions, I step in the room and slam the door behind me.