twenty-two

A/N: YOU GUYS. @amadeast MADE ME A COVER FOR THIS STORY. Like it's so good and I'm still highkey freaking out over it, so it has to be embedded, of course.

This Love - Taylor Swift (endless tears)

-------------------------------------------------------------------

For the remainder of the North American leg of her tour, there is always something from Karlie waiting in her dressing

For the remainder of the North American leg of her tour, there is always something from Karlie waiting in her dressing. Flowers, adorable stuffed animals, the girl's famous cookies, and so on. It gets to the point where Taylor's mother concludes that Adam is not the one responsible for all of the deliveries, and Taylor ends up getting the sternest talking to she's had in years.

"Whose initials are KK?"

Taylor looks up in surprise, and the panic begins to set in when she sees the accusatory and knowing look in her mother's eyes. Andrea has always been eerily intuitive, and Taylor knows that she will not be able to hide this. She already has a difficult time lying to people, and lying to her mother is impossible. That doesn't mean she won't try to get away with it, though.

"What are you talking about?"

"I read the card on the flowers that came for you yesterday." 

Taylor's cheeks flush red and she looks back down at her computer screen, unable to meet her mother's eyes. Karlie had sent her a bouquet of lilies before her show last night, but it was the card that had truly made Taylor's day. The girl had written a little quote on the card, probably from one of the countless books she's read, and Taylor is mortified at the mere idea of her mother looking over the intimate words that had been written in Karlie's beautiful handwriting.

If I loved you less, I might be able to talk about it more.

Sometimes Karlie's notes are cute and lighthearted, and then sometimes they are like the one from yesterday. Cryptic but promising. Taylor cherishes each one because there's just something very romantic about it all. The fact that Karlie takes time out of her busy schedule to write her messages means the world to Taylor. 

"That was personal, mom."

"And definitely not from Adam." Her mother shakes her head disapprovingly. "He's a sweet man, don't get me wrong, but I don't think he has the slightest clue who Jane Austen is. So I'll ask again, who is KK?"

"No one." Taylor feels like a child in that moment, one who has been caught with their hand in the cookie jar and is now being scolded for overindulging. "You really need to lighten up, mom. I'm not fifteen anymore. I'm a grown woman and I can make my own life choices."

"Taylor Alison Swift." 

Andrea's voice is sharp, and Taylor shrinks back at the sound of it, her courage dissipating instantaneously. She mumbles a few choice words under her breath, but doesn't have the nerve to say it loud enough for her mom to hear.