five

"I'm not in the mood for pizza," Taylor murmurs as she peruses the assortment of takeout menus scattered across the couch. She is currently stretched out across Karlie's lap and the two are trying to decide on what to eat for dinner. Taylor invited Karlie back to her place after their walk, just to put the idea out there, and was surprised when Karlie actually agreed. They grabbed a light lunch on the way back and proceeded to lounge around Taylor's apartment until both of their stomachs started protesting for dinner. They've been arguing over what to order for ten minutes. Taylor is in the mood for Chinese but Karlie wants pizza.

"Let's get sushi." Karlie shoves another menu towards Taylor.

Taylor purses her lips while she skims the paper menu. She's ordered from the place before and it's actually pretty good, plus it's not too far from her apartment so they wouldn't have to wait long.

"Okay but you have to order." Taylor says as she starts picking out what she wants.

"Why me?"

"I'm too shy."

Karlie lets out a bark of laughter and shakes her head in disbelief. "So you can perform in front of thousands of people but you can't order some sushi over the phone?"

"That's totally different. Like what if I butcher the pronunciation of something and they think I'm an uncultured idiot? Or what if I ask for the wrong thing and annoy them when I ask them to change it? I'm not taking the risk, you have to do it."

Karlie rolls her eyes and leans forward to pick her phone up off of the coffee table. She squishes Taylor's legs in the process, since they're thrown over her lap, but Taylor doesn't even notice because she's too busy admiring Karlie's profile. Being this close to Karlie felt so out of reach a few days ago, and now she's halfway sitting in the girl's lap and bickering over what they're going to get for dinner. Karlie orders their dinner with a confident and steady voice. Her tongue doesn't stumble or trip over her words, and it takes all of four minutes.

"Have you ordered from there before? Because I think they know they're delivering to Taylor Swift's place."

"Yeah, they're really sweet. They give me extra fortune cookies sometimes." Taylor gathers up all of the menus and then tosses the pile onto the coffee table. She then coos down at Olivia, who is trying to climb up onto the couch to join them. Taylor lifts the kitten up carefully, and then sits her down on her lap. Olivia nuzzles against Taylor's hand for a few moments and then turns to focus her attention on Karlie, who is her new best friend. Taylor is pretty sure the feeling is mutual because Karlie has fallen in love with both of her cats, and vice versa. Even Meredith loves her but that makes sense since they're both grouchy brats.

"You are the cutest thing I've ever seen," Karlie coos as she uses both of her thumbs to affectionately stroke Olivia's head. She's rewarded with loud purring and Taylor grins as she gently strokes along the kitten's fluffy back. Olivia sits there and revels in the attention she's getting.

"Don't let Mere hear you say that." Taylor warns, looking around to see if the older cat is in the vicinity. "She's still not used to Liv, I had to break up a fight yesterday!"

"She's just a little jealous right now because you're probably coddling Olivia so much. They'll get used to each other."

"I try to love them equally but Meredith is so grouchy all the time. She's overflowing with teenage angst."

"She's fine with me." Karlie shrugs before ducking down to press a final kiss to the top of Olivia's head. Olivia quickly rests a pink little paw against Karlie's face before she can pull away, and Karlie chuckles and kisses the paw too.