thirteen

Natural Born Lovers - Erik Hassle
No Words - Erik Hassle

-------------------------------------------------------------------

The last two days of their Rhode Island trip are spent in bed, with no clothes on and the curtains drawn. Pulling away from one another for more than a few minutes proves impossible, so they spend the rest of their trip wrapped around one another. Taylor didn't know it was possible to have so much sex in the span of forty-eight hours but she's certain they've broken a world record or something. They hardly sleep and are far too preoccupied to get out of bed for a decent meal. Taylor is pretty sure that her cell phone has been dead for more than a day now, and some people are probably freaking out, but all she can think about is the brunette on top of her. She doesn't see any harm in going off the grid for a while, especially since she's going to be busier than ever after this little vacation.

Taylor's body is slick with sweat, and at this point she doesn't know if it's hers or Karlie's. The sheets are a tangled mess at the foot of the bed and it looks like a tornado ripped through the room due to the amount of pillows and clothes littering the floor. Taylor is staring up at the ceiling, short of breath and exhausted. She has no idea what time of day it is, or how long she and Karlie have been going at it for, but she knows that she's in desperate need of a glass of water and a nap. Or maybe a small coma.

"Water?" Karlie's voice is winded and raspy, and Taylor squirms at the sound of it.

Taylor just nods, unable to find the strength to use her voice. Karlie leans over to press a kiss to Taylor's lips before getting out of bed. Taylor takes the opportunity to appreciate Karlie's body while the brunette moves around the room in search of something to put on. After slipping into a pair of panties and one of Taylor's t-shirts, Karlie slips out of the room quickly.

Taylor decides to put her phone on the charger even though she would prefer to continue living in ignorant bliss. She knows she's probably missed a hundred texts from Tree, Selena, her mom, and countless others, and she's not looking forward to catching up on everything. Her iPhone comes to life sooner than Taylor would've liked, and she watches as the notifications start to come in at an alarming rate. Taylor begins reluctantly browsing through them.

The cloud she's currently walking on dissipates when she sees that she has a voicemail from Tree. A voicemail from a publicist is never a good sign. The voicemail is short and to the point, but it still makes Taylor's blood freeze in her veins halfway through.

"Taylor, I don't know why your phone is off but this is the seventh time I'm calling. Pictures of you and Karlie in Rhode Island are all over Twitter, and its fueling rumors that I've already tried to dissuade. The fans are hatching all sorts of theories and you know it all starts with the fans, Taylor. We need to stop this before it gets any bigger, so call me back when you get this."

Taylor sighs loudly and stares at her phone for a long moment, contemplating her next action. She should be dialing Tree because this is urgent, but all she wants to do is turn her phone back off and pretend like she never listened to the voicemail. Taylor is still wondering what her her next move should be when Karlie walks back into the room with two bottles of water and what looks to be a hastily prepared sandwich balancing on a plate.

"Scoot over," she says softly as she kneels on the bed, waiting for Taylor to move back to her own side of the bed. Taylor sits her phone back down and moves over to give Karlie room to sit back down, and just like that her decision is made. She'll call Tree later.

Karlie sits with her legs crossed, handing Taylor one of her bottles of water and sitting the plate between them.

"What kind of sandwich is that?" Taylor asks curiously as she takes measured sips of her water.