eleven

A/N: Back to back updates because I love you guys. If smut's not your thing you might want to skip over a part of this chapter.

Love Like This – Kodaline

Sedated – Hozier

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Taylor is blissfully unaware of her surroundings. She and Karlie have been in a cocoon of blankets and pillows for almost a full sixteen hours, only disentangling for food and bathroom breaks. They're in the middle of a Pixar movie marathon but Taylor is hardly paying attention because she's too busy looking at Karlie. Apparently the brunette has never seen WALL-E, and therefore is paying close attention to the unfolding of the plot.

"So he's the only one left on Earth?" Karlie asks lowly, her eyes still trained on the television.

"Yeah, he's there to look for signs of life. Everyone else is in space because they destroyed the Earth."

"Taylor! You just spoiled it!"

"No I didn't! That's literally the movie description." Taylor scoffs.

Karlie continues to grumble about how inconsiderate Taylor is while the movie progresses, but Taylor knows that she's forgiven when Karlie's arms wrap around her. Taylor is laying on top of Karlie, using the brunette's chest as a resting place for her head, with her legs intertwined with Karlie's longer ones. It's an unnecessary position since there is plenty of room on the couch for the both of them to have their own space, but Taylor isn't complaining. More importantly, Karlie isn't either. So Taylor stays where she is, feeling warm and loved, and remains blissfully unaware of what's happening outside of the four walls that are surrounding her.

"My family is coming up tomorrow." Taylor says a few hours later, after WALL-E has been replaced with Toy Story.

Karlie tenses up underneath her, and Taylor lets out a soft sigh as she watches Karlie shut down. The hardening of the eyes, the nervous clench of the jaw, and the tense shoulders. Taylor has grown accustomed to discerning between Karlie's different moods, and she knows that the brunette is scared.

"You don't have to meet them. I'm going to be busy for the next two days though, so I won't see you."

"Okay. I have to pack for Rhode Island anyway." Karlie is still tense, but there is now a different emotion swirling in her eyes. Taylor doesn't know what it is, but she wishes it would go away. She wishes she had never said anything about her family coming up, because now Karlie is overthinking.

"Stop that." Taylor rests a hand against Karlie's clenched jaw.

"Stop what?

"Thinking badly about yourself. It's okay that you're not ready to meet them, they're just coming up to see me because it's been awhile. Stop brooding."

"I don't brood." Karlie sniffs haughtily, resting her hand atop Taylor's.

"You do. You're like Heathcliff, all brooding and tortured and misunderstood. It's a little hot."

Karlie's eyes brighten a little, and Taylor can see the light breaking through the darkness.

"Have I ever told you that it's sexy when you reference classic literature?" Karlie's voice has lowered considerably, and Taylor feels her face heat up at the sound of it.

"Really?"

"Mhm."

"I'll remember that the next time I'm trying to seduce you, but Toy Story is on so behave."