three

Taylor and Karlie text constantly throughout the week, never running out of topics to discuss, but whenever Taylor tries to invite the girl out to do something she gets shot down. Karlie seems to be full of excuses, with work being the most cited one. There's also the odd 'I have a doctor's appointment' excuse, but who has doctor appointments twice a week? With so little answers coming from Karlie, Taylor's left to fill in the blanks with her own imagination.

What if she's fatally ill? Or an undercover agent?

Taylor has never met anyone like Karlie. She's confident, blunt and very unapologetic. It's riveting, and Taylor wants to see the girl face-to-face again. She just needs to figure out how to get Karlie out of her well-constructed shell.

"Just go back to the bar." Selena suggests for the umpteenth time. This is their third phone call in as many days, and they've all been centered on the aloof and mysterious Karlie Kloss.

"I don't want to look desperate."

"Well you are, so just do it."

"I don't even remember the name of that place." Taylor sighs and folds her legs underneath her, trying to find a comfortable position on her couch. Her cats are sprawled out on the cushion next to her, and the sight of them so close would've usually made her feel better. Yet she feels utterly alone in that moment, even with Selena's voice in her ear and Meredith's tail brushing against her leg. She doesn't know what's gotten her into such a funk over the past few months. Maybe it's the fact that she can't enter a relationship without running the risk of being crucified in the media. Maybe it's because she has started to accept the fact that she'll never have a chance at a healthy, fully functioning relationship. Not while she's in the limelight. Not while everyone's watching her every move and criticizing her love life.

"I'll call Cara and get the info. Give me five minutes."

The line goes dead after that, and Taylor sighs and tosses her phone aside. An episode of Criminal Minds is playing on her living room TV, and she decides to just sit back and watch while she waits. She ends up turning the channel when she realizes that it's the creepy episode about some guy kidnapping a bunch of women, impregnating them, and then murdering them after they give birth. She does not need that negative energy in her life right now.

"Nope, nope, nope." Taylor chants as she quickly changes the channel, surfing through her guide to find something that won't bring her mood down another ten notches.

Selena texts her the name of the bar quicker than anticipated. It's called Blasberg's, and Taylor plugs the name into her phone's GPS application to see how far it is from her apartment. It's only a twelve minute drive, and she proceeds to text her head of security to let him know that she'll be going out in a few hours.

She knows that Karlie's always working, and after checking the hours for the bar she decides that she'll try to get there early to avoid making a scene. She doesn't want to get swept up into the after work rush because she knows Karlie will be busy once customers start coming in. Taylor wants the girl all to herself, at least for a few minutes. She agonizes over an outfit for almost an hour, trying to convince herself that it isn't for Karlie's benefit. Taylor simply wants to look put together while showing up unannounced. It's not like she wants to impress Karlie, that'd be silly. Nope, definitely not. Taylor has nothing to prove, yet she still spends more time than usual on her hair and makeup.

The drive to the bar seems to take forever, and Taylor spends the time fidgeting with her cell phone and staring forlornly out of her heavily tinted window. The bar looks a lot different in the day, the outside looking far less intimidating than the dark back entrance she and her friends snuck through two weeks ago.