Chapter 11

A few months have passed by since I told Oswald about the baby and let me tell you he's been a completely different person around me. I was actually starting to enjoy his company. Oswald lives with me now, well again but this time I welcomed him into my home. I just feel a little safer with him around the house plus he's always going on about the pregnancy and baby proofing the house. He's trying really hard to be a good boy and keep his "business" outside of the house but he's a man and he brings his work home.

I worked part time at Arkham Asylum, I was actually work at a real office and sometimes I make visits to the asylum every now and again to see my favorite patient Royston. He's the only one I ever want to see there now that they have a new owner, he kind of gives me the creeps.

Today I was at the office going through my clients paperwork, and wonder what I was going to name my bundles of joy. I still didn't know the gender yet but that didn't mean I couldn't throw some names around. There was a knock on the door and Leslie peaked her head in the office, I waved her over and she took a seat in the chair across my desk.

"How are you doing today my beautiful little cousin?" Woah something good must have happened to her. "I'm hungry but other than that I'm fine. How are you, you seen to be quite happy." She nodded as I headed over to my filing cabinet. "Everything is wonderful Jim, is amazing and I've got a new job working at the GCPD." Leslie said running up to me. She put her hand on my small baby bump and smiled at me. "I'm so happy for you, have you spoken to your father yet, I know the last time I spoke to you you tried calling and hung up. So I invited him over to the house this weekend and I expect you to answer the door little cousin." I frowned at her and she gave me a thumbs up before running out the door.

This means I have to official meet my father, the one I've heard so much about. Coming from my mother and Fish it was all negative but coming from Leslie it was all positive. I really didn't know want to think to much on it or I would just get upset and frustrated which isn't good. The work day went by fairly quick and before I knew it I was at home relaxing on the couch listening to the radio. I wasn't sure when Oswald would be home, he was usually home late since he was running Fish's nightclub now.

Maybe I should get myself some friends, oh I'll call Ed and see how he's doing maybe we can order some Chinese. I jumped up and called Ed, he immediately agreed in was at the house with takeout in thirty minutes.

"How are you doing Ed, it's been a while?" I asked giving him a hug. "Every is alright how are you? You look a little rounder than usual." I playfully smacked him arm and sat led him over to the couch. "I'm great now that you're here, and yes I am a little rounder than usual. How work and Miss. Kringle last time we spoke you were working on her with your riddle charms?" He chuckled and looked down at his hands. "She's dating a Neanderthal cop that doesn't treat her right. It makes me so angry to see them together because he hurts her and she's ok with it." I could see him getting angrier with every word he said.

"Eventually she's going to get it, and she's going to find out that she doesn't need him anymore. Until then try your best to comfort her when she needs it, and try not to scare her away Ed." He smiled and we ended up talking about the most random things just enjoying each others company. After a bit Ed had to leave and I was exhausted, no one ever told me being pregnant was so tiring. Like, I read that I was going to be tired but I fell asleep at my desk a few days ago, hell I fell asleep standing in line at the coffee shop.

I headed upstairs and slipped out of my clothes putting on my night gown and plopping down on the bed. A few minutes later I heard the front door open and I knew Oswald was home. Sure enough he walked into the room and lied down beside me.

"How are you doing today, I'm sorry I couldn't come home earlier like I promised I was a little hung up with some "business"." I shrugged as he rubbed my small baby bump. "It's fine I know you have important Mafioso things to attend to so its whatever." I said pulling the covers over my legs and turning my back to him. I was feeling one of my mood swings coming one. I felt his arms wrap around my waist and I smiled. He made me feel so safe and wanted, something that I haven't felt in awhile.

"When is your next appointment I want to go with you, I promise I won't let anything mess up that day." I smiled and turned over and looks at him. "It's next week, oh and my cousin invited my estranged father to the house this weekend. Promise me if he's here when you come home you won't go "Penguin" on him." He frowned and got out of bed after kissing my hand. "As long as he doesn't vex me I'll be find. I'm going to take a bath so sleep tight because I knew your going to be sleeping by the time I finish."

Just like he said I passed out before he finished because when I woke up in the morning he was already gone. Might as well clean up the house for this weekend, I was meeting my father for the first time and I was incredibly terrified. What if he didn't like me or he was disappointed that I was already knocked up and not married? I was so nervous I didn't realize that I had been cleaning for hours and I starving. I went to the kitchen and pulled some of Gertrude's Goulash from the fridge, I hated this stuff before I was pregnant now it was all I wanted.

I ate all of the leftover goulash and cleaned up once again, I couldn't help but think of my father. Hmm I hope Fish is alright, I felt a couple tears run down my face and before I knew I was balling my eyes out in the living room. I missed Fish so much, words couldn't describe how upset I was in that moment. There was a knock on the door and I blew my nose before getting up and answering the door.

Don Maroni stood at my door with one of his goons and they both entered my home. "Look at you, so beautiful and your pregnant let's hope it's not Penguin's little bastard." Anger boiled in me and I was beyond pissed. If I wasn't pregnant and very emotional right now I would have attempted to rip his throat from his neck.

"Look you and I need to fix things, I think I might have overreacted just a little when you "disappeared". I was mostly angry that Penguin betrayed me and took it out on you. So what do you say, we put all of that behind up and you come back and work for me princess." I frowned but before I could say anything Don Falcone entered my home. Oh great this place is about to get crazy, maybe they and go and talk some other time.

"Good afternoon Don Maroni, I thought I made it clear that I didn't want you or any of your people making any type of contact with this citizen. Whatever you're trying to do needs to stop, she can't do it nor will she do it as long as I'm alive and running this town." You know even though Falcone was an older man he was still pretty terrifying. A bald man walk into the house and the two goons that were with Don Maroni took off in the other direction.

"This here is Victor Zsasz ad he will be here to make sure that you're safe and sound. He's going to be around a lot so get used to him Princess, as for you Sal we need to talk. Boss to boss." With that Maroni and Falcone left me alone with this creepy looking killer. "Well, if you're going to be staying here I might as well show you to your room." I said heading upstairs. "I am just here to make sure no one is around your house I don't plan on staying forever." He said walking out the back door. Everything is going to be alright as long as Falcone doesn't die, well let's hope this man lives forever.