Lisanna cuts me short by pressing her lips firmly against mine. Not up for protest, I kiss her back and let all negative thoughts go. She's become the human version of my obsidian tooth, taking away all negativity and pain. I'm lucky to have her, because she keeps my demons at bay.

$ $ $ $ $

"Floptop, bring that ass here boy," Andre calls from across the cafeteria.

"Nigga, I'm coming," I yell back.

Now let me tell you why a white boy like me just called my black friend the N-word; they gave me passes, no bullshit, Andre and Wyatt made me a coupon book of them and gave them to me for my birthday. My birthday was six months ago, they gave me three months worth and this is the first time I've used one. I don't say it any chance I get, because let's be honest I don't really care much for the word, but in some sentences it is necessary. Like when their names doesn't fit and you have nothing else to call them, and that's what happened in that situation.

I make my way over to our lunch table, and the gangs all there: Chandler, Wyatt, Selena, Landon, and Fernando. How the hell did all of us get the same lunch period, the world will never know. Taking a seat next to Wyatt, I set my tray on the table and keep quiet as everyone begins to talk. Although I try to keep myself out of the spot light of our group conversations, all attention is turned to me when Landon asks me about Lisanna.

"So how is that young chocolate thing you got doing, or she already dump yo white ass," he sniggers.

"My girlfriend is fine, why are you so worried about her," I grit, my teeth clenching.

"I was just wondering when she was gon fuck with a real nigga is all, no harm."

I close my eyes and rub the tooth hanging around my neck. What I really want to do is take the piece of jewellery and stab it into the side of his neck. Out of everyone in the group, I get along with Landon the least, he always antagonises me and one day I really just want to beat the shit out of him. Landon and I have known each other since middle school, around the same time Wyatt and I met Andre, but he still treats me like I'm brand new.

"Your dick is going to fall off if you stick it in anything else," I tell him, as calmly as I could muster my voice to be.

This gets the whole table going, and I just smirk down at my tray as I pick up my milk carton. Landon's jaw locks in place, and he pushes his own tray away from himself. His hazel eyes narrow at me from across the table, but I smile broadly at him as I eat my lunch. If this was the last supper, he would be Judas, and of course I would be Jesus because guess who's perfect, I am! Like I said, god-complex, what can you do about it?

"Queen, when's the next kickback," Fernando asks, his Spanish accent thick.

"Next week, BYOW," Chandler answers, shoving a fry into her mouth.

It's weird to see her without her leather jacket or her hair spiked up, she let her short hair down for a change. And she ditched her usual jeans and t-shirt for a skirt and tank top. She looked so feminine, I almost didn't recognise her when I passed her in the halls. Chandler looks like the little girl I first met, when I was seven and didn't know or care what a lesbian was. I think that's when I kissed her on the cheek, for which I got punched in the face for. The girl had a killer left hook back then, and still has one now.

"Speaking of kickbacks, when are you going to clean King's pin," she asks, turning toward me.

"You said for a week, you never mentioned what specific week," I shrug, biting into a rather plump strawberry.

She raises her eyebrows at me, but doesn't say anything as she nods her head. My phone buzzes in pocket, so I dig it out as I bite into the juicy fruit again. A smile crawls its way across my face as I see the name flash on the screen. Haven't seen her or talked to her since she left the house early this morning, so this text has made me really happy.