Chapter 13

Don't kill me. I know, I'm horrible at updating when I say I will. On with the story! I've been piecing together this chapter during any free study classes I have at school, over the past while. May the Force be with you,

-LothalRebelUltraFan

Pathetic.

Weak.

Foolish.

Stupid.

Alone.

The words echoed through Kaj's head with such force that he found it hard to breathe.

Pain.

Suffering.

Agony.

All because of you.

He's slowly dying because of you.

The cold grip on his shoulder, keeping him from changing his mind and running back to save what could not be saved otherwise. The dark, heavy breathing that chilled to him to the bone and sent fear spiralling through him, even though the mechanical man had never scared him much before. The words tumbling through his conscious and heart and soul, repeating over and over in a barrage of anger.

The worst thing? The words were right.

They had always been right.

You made this decision of your own accord. If necessary, he can still perish before the attack.

I know.

Kaj hadn't even had the chance to think about the upcoming attack on the Whiplash headquarters. Everything had happened so fast.... He did notice vaguely though, that the Force-inhibitor–that's what must have been cutting him off from the Force–had worn off partly. He could now sense that Jax was unconscious. Drugged, likely. His heart dropped at the feel of that bitter realization.

Very well. Then you understand then, what consequences your actions could have, should you disobey me.

Yes.

Good.

Kaj's mental shields did not have to be down to have the mental conversation beating through his skull. He had never felt like this before, not even when his parents had sent him away to try and protect him from the Inquisitorious and he found himself lost on a big silver ball of a planet.... So frightened, so weak, so alone, so.... Hopeless.

Vader forced him to turn the corner, and Kaj realized he was back in the cell block. He had been so distracted with his thoughts and feelings, that he had forgotten to map out where he was going for future reference.

What does it matter? I'm never leaving here alive. I know that now.

The black-armoured Sith stopped in front of a cell and Kaj felt something that he hadn't felt in a long time.... No, someone. And more than one person, both of which were familiar.

It can't be. They can't be.

The door slid open almost soundlessly and Kaj saw the two humans. The female was lying on the metal bench that served as a sort of bed, the man sitting beside her, his eyes worried as the woman sat up slowly, weakly, upon hearing the door open. Both of them turned to face the the noise, fear cascading over their familiar features like waterfalls. First their eyes travelled to Vader, who's hand was still on Kaj's shoulder, than to the boy beside the Sith Lord. Their gazes met, and Kaj stopped breathing unknowingly in shock.