Chapter 10

Darth Vader used the Force to gently move the unconscious Kajin Savaros away from the sharp corner of the hallway just as two of his Inquisitors came scurrying around the corner.

"My Lord...." The Pau'uan started.

"Do not bother with pitiful apologies. I have dealt with the boy myself," Vader interrupted, cutting his acolyte off. He surveyed the Inquisitors. "I see Tesla is not among you. Where is he?"

"Right here, my Lord," came the voice from behind him. The Dark Lord did not turn, simply listened. "I was with Pavan. Are you in need of my service, my Lord?"

"Yes. I called for you because I have a feeling that you in particular will enjoy this next task."

Vader finally turned around and spoke. With his next sentence, he watched his acolyte's smile grow.

**********************************************************************************

"Alright Laranth, what's the plan?" Den asked the Twi'lek as she led him and I-Five out of the building that secretly housed Whiplash headquarters and into the dark streets of the Coruscant underground. "You do have one, right?"

"Working on it," she replied, continuing her confident stride.

"Well frip, that makes me feel better. You haven't got at least part of a plan?" The Sullastan persisted.

"We get to the ship and go from there."

"That's it." Den stated flatly.

"That's it for now. And you know it's easier said than done, with stormtroopers and Imperials crawling everywhere."

"Blast it Laranth, you said it yourself!" Den lowered his voice after a sharp glance from the Paladin. "Who knows what they could be doing to our friends while we sit around debating? That's why we left on our own, without backup. We need a plan of action."

"Well then, you work on one." Laranth shot back, turning around to glare at him. He stopped walking. "I'm trying to figure out how to get enough reinforcements so that we don't all get ourselves killed or captured as well! What kind of a rescue mission would that be? So shut your mouth and be quiet. You're beginning to worry me."

She continued on towards wherever her spaceship lay awaiting them, brushing past him, I-Five following her. The droid didn't stop when walking past him; just patted his shoulder somewhat sympathetically.

Den sighed. Women.

He sure hoped they got Jax back soon. Otherwise, he wasn't sure he could stand to be around the Paladin, who was now grumpier than usual.

He sighed again and continued on.