Chapter 4

The two Inquisitors took Kaj to a cell. They threw him in—literally threw him, and once he got up again, both smiled devilishly. One removed his hood.

"What?" Kaj asked defensively, backing up a few steps.

"We have orders from Lord Vader," hoodless said. He had a shock of white hair and gray eyes.

Kaj had a bad feeling about those orders.

"Yes," the other said, who still wore his hood. He tilted his head back though, and let it fall off, revealing a Pau'uan with tattoos on his head and face. (Dun dun dun! Is it the Inquisitor from Star Wars Rebels?! Idk. You tell me... :)-LRUF) "Come here, child. I promise not to hurt you... Much," he added.

Kaj laughed bitterly, strained. "That's a lie. You probably both want me dead, for what I've done to Tesla."

Kaj had scarred Tesla horribly in their last battle, by using the energy field that had been around him and trapping Tesla inside. Even though Tesla had only been trapped temporarily and had managed to escape, his scars were simply a visible mark of his hatred for Kaj.

The Pau'uan shook his head. "On the contrary. I simply want you where you are." His eyes drifted to Kaj's feet.

Huh? Kaj thought. Then he looked down at his feet. He was standing on a circle almost the same shade as the floor, but it was slightly off. He moved quickly to get off it, but a beam of blue light flashed up in front of him, cutting him off. He turned around and saw beams go on all around him one by one. Once all the beams were on, they turned into a light blue wall—surrounding him. No no no!

Both Inquisitors laughed evilly. "Force-field," white-haired said. "And a really strong one at that."

He banged his fists on the wall and was surprised to see it didn't shock him.

"So what now?" he asked, glaring at them.

"We ask you some questions," Pau'uan said.  He stepped up to the Force-field and held out his hand. "Where are your rebel friends?"

Insantly, Kaj felt his mind being pulled at. He felt compelled to answer truthfully, but resisted, knowing it was the Force trying to control him. "I don't know what you're talking about."

"Where are your friends? Where are the Whiplash?" the Inquisitor pushed.

He shrugged. "What's the Whiplash?"

Pau'uan looked angry. "Petulant boy," he snarled. "Maybe you'll think twice if I tell you about your Master."

Jax! What did they do to him? "What about him?" Kaj asked carefully, not wanting to reveal how much he cared more than he already had.

"Oh, nothing." Pau'uan smiled. Oh, screw careful. I'll get nothing out of him this way.

"What did you do to him?" Kaj growled, pushing himself up against the Force-field and meeting the evil gaze.

"I did nothing to him. He has a few injuries. He's quite a fighter, but Lord Vader had to find ways to.... Subdue him."

Panic flooded through Kaj. Jax.... What has Vader done to him?

The Pau'uan smiled, sensing Kaj's fear and feeding off it. "Why do you care, young Jedi? I thought that the Jedi were impervious to emotion. How does your silly creed go, 'there is no emotion, there is peace'?"

"It's not silly," Kaj growled. "And if Jax dies, you're going to pay for it."

"Oh, I am, am I?" Darth Vader asked mockingly as the cell door slid shut behind him. "After all, I was the one who inflicted the pain on yor precious Master."

"I know. And when I get out of here, you'll pay for it—with your life." Kaj threatened in a low tone.

"Well then, you may be waiting a long time, Padawan. Because you will not leave here alive," Vader told him.

Then... They are going to kill me if I don't give them what they want?

"But enough of this. While you are alive, let's see to it that you aren't a waste of time. Tell me what you know."

Vader streched out his hand, and Kaj instantly felt the grip on his mind. He stood still, as if his feet were pinned to the ground by force.

"Where are the Whiplash?" Vader asked in a low, calm tone.

"I don't know what you are talking about," Kaj replied, just as calm on the outside. Inside though, he felt as though he would burst with information.

"I know you do. Tell me, Kajin, where are the Whiplash? Where is their headquarters?" Vader asked soothingly. "You can tell me."

"No," Kaj gritted his teeth, feeling as though he were about to explode.

"Don't fight me, Kajin. It will only hurt you. Now I ask, for the final time, where are the Whiplash?"

If he told Vader, he would likely live longer. But in doing so, he would have given in... And what was the point of fighting for justice if in the end, you gave in?

Kaj met Vader's helmeted gaze and narrowed his eyes. "I won't.... tell.... you."

Vader paused for a moment, then spoke. "Very well."

The pressure in Kaj's mind drained and he barely managed to stay standing, breathing heavily.

He turned to the Inquisitors. "It is time for phase two."

Pau'uan grinned evilly and tapped a button on the control panel on the wall, then flipped a switch. The floor underneath Kaj's feet gave out swiftly, and he fell with a shout into darkness.