Chapter 1

Kajin leapt out of the way of a bolt of Force-lightning. He landed in a crouch as the blue lightning struck the spot where he had been. Man, these Inquisitors are good!

It had been a simple plan. Get into Imperial Headquarters, rescue the Whiplash operative in Imperial custody, get back out again. He, Jax, and Laranth had broken in and had reached the prisoner's cell before Jax had being cornered by Darth Vader, and Laranth was dodging fire from bucketheads with the operative. That left Kajin with three Inquisitors intent on capturing him. Why, he had no idea. But getting captured was NOT on his bucket list. Neither was getting killed. Although, escape was first on his list.

Kaj turned from the newly scorched floor and ran around the corner. Then he realized, stopping his sprint, that he had no idea where in the complex he was. He had been separated from Jax and Laranth a while ago, and the Inquisitors had kept him moving in the same direction and away from his crew.

The Inquisitors had kept him moving. Away from Jax and Laranth. Away from help.

The reality hit him like a bomb. He was being maneuvered. Into a trap, most likely. One he wouldn't be able to escape. How am I going to get out of here?

But his train of thought was cut off when something slammed into his back. He cried out and fell to the floor with the thing on top of him. He managed to roll onto his back and looked at the hooded figure pinning him to the ground.

"Let me go!" Kaj struggled against the iron grip. The figure tilted his head back and the hood fell off, revealing pale scar tissue and hate filled pale eyes.

"Tesla," Kaj breathed. Inquisitor Probus Tesla was Kaj's sworn enemy. The last time they had met, Tesla had tried to capture Kaj, then tried to kill him. Kaj had narrowly escaped with his life, with the help of Jax and Laranth. That had been the first time he had met his crew and Master.

The pale face smiled. "Surprise."

"Let me go, Tesla," Kaj growled, still struggling. But Tesla had a strong grip.

"Do as he says," he heard a deep voice say behind him. Tesla looked behind him and let go of him instantly. Kaj stood up, facing Tesla, ready to defend himself. But Tesla merely stood in front of him. Why isn't he attacking me?

Kaj whirled around at the sound of heavy breathing. Time seemed to slow down as the trap he had predicted earlier became a reality. Trapping him between Tesla and one other.

Darth Vader.