9. Taylor's emotions

Seth almost stumbled through the door into his room, quite emotionally drained and exhausted.
Luckily for him, Taylor was there behind him to grab his arm and keep him upright.
The boys hadn't said anything to one another since they had gotten inside, but Taylor had something that he needed to say. Something to get off his chest, he just knew that he could never find the right time.

"Hey, Seth?" He called out after the shorter male as he let go of his arm.

"Yeah?" Seth turned to look at him, wiping his eyes gently.

"Are you tired?" A silly question, he knew.

"No. I'm wasted." Seth laughed slightly.

Taylor laughed with him. "It's great seeing you so happy."

"You said that earlier."

"Then you should know that it's true."

Seth showed him a smile before turning in place and taking a few steps over to his bed, gently sitting himself down, but his roommate just stood there.
Taylor watched Seth's every move as he sat down, seeing just how tired he was. His train of thought was interrupted however, as he saw Seth gesture for him to sit beside the younger male. Slight hesitation crept into his mind, nonetheless he slowly made his way over and gently lowered himself into a sitting potion on Seth's bed.

With a slight yawn, Seth looked up at Taylor, his purple eyes distant and hazy. He was absolutely exhausted.

"You need sleep." Taylor told him in a low voice.

"You need sleep too. You look so tired." As Seth reached the end of his sentence, he yawned again, leaning to the side, now resting his head on Taylor's shoulder. Taylor felt his face getting hotter as a blush crept across his cheeks.

"Uh, Seth?" He said.

"Yeah?" Seth whispered back to him.

"Try leaning the other way. It'll be more comfortable."

"No. This is fine."

A gentle sigh escaped Taylor's lips as he glanced down at the boy beside him. The two remained still for a few seconds before Taylor decided it too difficult for him to be so close to Seth. He quickly stood up, forcing Seth off his shoulder.

"What's wrong?" Seth asked, standing up beside him.

"I can't do this. I'm going back out." Taylor made no effort to hesitate as he headed for the door, grasping the handle and opening it up.

"Wait," Seth ran to his side and stood still in front of the door, preventing Taylor from opening it further.

"What?" Taylor yelled, "what is it?"

Seth stood still for a little bit, thinking before he finally spoke, "I know you're trying to protect me and you're trying not to hurt me, but you're trying too hard. What makes you think that being close to me will mean I get hurt?"

Taylor was shocked to know that Seth had figured out what was going through his head, and yet found it entirely plausible at the same time.

"Well, who knows? I could screw up too, you know. Just because I've been there before, doesn't mean I can't mess it up for you. Get out of the way of the door, Seth!"

Seth felt panic rising as his pulse got even higher. Maybe Taylor was right. But he refused to believe so. He had been Seth's lifeline over the last few days, but all Seth had done was panic and add his own weight to the pressure on Taylor's shoulders. What made him so special? What made Taylor so special to the point where he was all Seth felt he had?
Seth reached out out towards Taylor's wrist and held him tight.