Chapter 56

Chapter 56

An even shorter chapter than usual, but I am in a busy period but still wanted to update something today. Also, if you are going to comment about my short chapter, read chapter 34.

~~~~~~

"Hey Karim, I missed you today" I said when I saw my son. I grabbed him from Thea and walked out of the door after thanking her. Karim was already saying a few words which amazed me so much. He even once said mum. I mean, I think he did. I placed him on the floor when we reached our house and I immediately locked the door. Even though this was my house, I always felt unsafe here. It was like any moment someone could come in and hurt my child. Karim started walking towards the couch and went on it. He was playing with some toy he found there and I went to the kitchen to make myself some food. I was really happy that Thea always fed Karim. I didn't want it in the beginning til I heard that she was a vegetarian. The drawers were empty and I only found some yoghurt that I ate. I needed to wait for the end of this month because that was when I was getting my money. I actually earned a lot, but most of it went to the rent of this house and to the court. I did win it but I still lost a lot of money that I was able to pay in periods.

I was playing a game with a ball when the doorbell rang. Shock went through my mind since it was not always someone good behind that door. I grabbed Karim and put him behind the couch before walking towards the door. I prayed that Karim would just sit there and wait and not walk towards the door. I looked through the gap and had to look twice because I didn't believe it. Behind the door was a tall blonde guy with blue eyes, waiting for me to open the door. I wasn't going to, since I knew I couldn't lose him again. I couldn't say goodbye again.

"Please baby.." I heard him whisper. I looked through it again and saw that he had his head against the door. I wiped my eye and then opened the door. The moment he looked at me was the moment that the tears were streaming down. We stared at each other for what felt like decades, before I couldn't take it anymore. I stood on my toes and wrapped my arms around his neck. He immediately pulled me closer and wrapped his arms around me too. I inhaled his scent that made me feel safe. His hair that was so soft under my touch. He closed the door behind him and wrapped his arm around me again.

"Why did you come?" I whispered with a shaky voice. Tears were streaming down my face and I hated it. I really wanted to stay strong but I couldn't. How could I, since he was the only one who was there for me when no one else was. He let go slightly to look in my eyes.

"I couldn't" he said while kissing my nose.

"- stay away longer" he finished. I looked him in the eyes before I pushed the hair out of his face.

"But this makes me weaker. I was strong.. til you came" I whispered. He then wrapped his arms around me again.

"I can't leave" he whispered in my hair. I was going to say something when I heard a voice from behind me.

"Kamaaaaa.." Karim started to scream. My eyes widened, since I didn't expect him to say that nor for him to remember Kamal. Kamal let go of me and went on his knees, grabbing Karim in his arms. He was laughing and it made me feel better immediately. Just the sound of it was so amazing and wonderful to the ears. Kamal stood up with Karim in his arms and they were talking in their own way. I just stared at them. They had such a different relationship that was captivating. Kamal then looked at me with his beautiful eyes before he put an arm around my waist and pressed me against him. We then walked over to the living room and played with Karim. I didn't want to think of what would happen next. It was just about that moment, about just spending time together. I was just thankful that he was okay, even though I wasn't from the inside. I looked at him and Karim and realized how big an impact he has on my life and in Karim's. He already got involved, and I don't know what to do anymore.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

20 commentss.