Chapter 20

Chapter 20

"I'll do it" I said and without waiting for an answer from him, I turned around and walked out of the door. I made sure to close the door very hard. My dad was well-known and had a lot of influence in the law and all these stuff that I don't find interesting. He was the only one who could legally take Karim back. But I was going to find him first, illegally.

~

I couldn't remember how the days went. I never knew when it was day. I never knew when it was night. I was locked in my room, crying my eyes out, waiting for a call from Kamal saying he had my son. I knew I should've done something but I didn't know why. It was like I was trying to escape it just so I won't be facing them again. I can't take that again. I couldn't be as strong as I was back then. They stabbed me, shattered me in pieces- did everything that hurt me. I couldn't face them again and go through the same, especially now that Nourdin was free.

My phone rang and I immediately picked up when I saw it was Kamal; hoping that he had Karim with him.

"Kamal?" I said hopefully. I needed it. I needed to hear his voice and I needed him to assure me that Karim was with him.

"We need to talk" he said. He sounded sad, not like usual. I knew then that Karim was not with him.

"Okay, come to the lake" I said and ended the call. The lake was a few minutes from my home and it was the only place I would be comfortable with him. I knew that it was wrong to talk so in private with a guy and him touching my hands sometimes, but I was going to deal with that after I found Karim.

"Ya Allah, I will change. I will do anything to please you. Just, I beg you please, give me my Karim back. I need him to survive ya Rabbi" I said after opening my hands. A few tears escaped my eyes and I started to get ready to meet Kamal.

"How the hell is that going to help us find Karim?!" I half-yelled at Kamal. He was unbelievable. "When you marry me, we can put him on my passport. That means that it would show him as my son and no one could take him without our permission. Just think of it, it would make everything easier. I would be able to protect you easier when we marry" he tried to reason but I was not buying it. Millions of thoughts were running through my head. Fear crept into my mind. I didn't want to marry. I couldn't.I could never marry. Never. No one wanted someone who got r- no, I couldn't.

"I would understand that that would be easier if Karim was here right in my arms!" I spat back. It was about getting Karim back. Not trying to protect him while he was already in danger. That thought was making my legs shake but I pushed it away. I needed to be strong and fight to take him back.

"And why are you doing this? Why are you trying to help me, Kamal? I would understand if you helped me with a little thing but this.. this is something big. Why would you put your own future and chance of a wife away and marry me for a reason that is not even your business? Why would you do all of this?" I said quietly. It didn't make sense. Him wanting Karim back just as much as me didn't make sense. Him putting himself and everything in the game while he has nothing to win. I looked him in the eyes. He was angry, I could see it. He was really angry.

"Maybe sometimes you should do things without a reason! Maybe sometimes you just follow your heart and instincts and just do what they tell you to do! You don't and won't understand Manar because I don't even understand myself why I am doing all of this. I just have this feeling inside of me that just wants you and Karim to be safe. Thats why I would do anything to keep you safe!" he said while kicking the bench that was just next to us. Then he turned to me again.

"Look, I will never hurt you. This is not a game or revenge or whatever you think this is. I want you to trust me and I want to help you. Please, just say yes" he whispered the last part. He looked vulnerable and I knew that he was really lost. It was like he was on automatic pilot and didn't even know why he did things. I thought about the things that could happen for a second and gave him a weak smile after I was sure.

"I thought I gave an answer to your proposal already.."

~~~~~~~

I am not really into casting on Wattpad and stuff because I don't like it when my imagination is the complete opposite of the pictures/celebrities that play the characters, but damn, I just imagine Kivanc Tatlitug for Kamal. He is just how I picture him. Like, exactly him. Stagfirullah lol. How do you picture Kamal and Manar?