Chapter 30

Chapter 30

I stood in front of the house I grew up in. Scenes of the happy memories were racing in my mind. The good in them was present in the memories. They were there back then. They gave me such a happiness I miss so much. Then I started seeing clouds above the house. The house started to become dark. It was like it was going to rain. It was like it was about to be hit by a storm. I took a step forward. I didn't want to be faced with this. I didn't want to feel disappointed twice. I was scared of what was going to happen, but that was not going to make me stop. I needed to do it. It was the only thing I could do, the only thing that could give me my son back. I took a step back when the memories of the day passed my mind. The moment they said that I was not their daughter anymore was haunting me. I took a deep breath and walked over to the door. Everything still looked the same. It was like life inside of this house stopped the moment I left it. My hand went to the doorbell. I pushed it without thinking so that I wouldn't back away. I heard a few voices from inside and the door from the kitchen was closed with a loud bang. So they still haven't changed the door that was always broken and never wanted to close.

"I am coming!" I heard a voice. My airways closed. I couldn't breathe anymore and my body started to sweat. I felt cold all of a sudden and didn't want nothing more than to go back home and hug my blanket. A few seconds later I saw a shadow behind the door and not much later the door opened. I looked down at my hands and intwined them.

"Manar.." I heard her voice saying. I closed my eyes, trying to push down the tears from coming up. I then looked at her, and couldn't held back the tears anymore. I saw her eyes watering too and for a second I thought that maybe, maybe she really did love me after all. She looked older than the first time I had seen her. The bags under her eyes were screaming that they were there. The colour of her lips were gone too. She looked different- worse. She looked at me for a few minutes, as if she couldn't believe it was me. She raised her hand towards me, as if she wanted to grab me, but that changed immediately when she looked away. The stare that she gave me that she couldn't believe it was changed into anger.

"What are you doing here?!" she spat out like I was some stranger that has been following her for so long. I looked down at my hands again, before I grabbed my courag together and said what I needed to.

"I am here to get my child back" I replied with a voice that even I didn't recognize. It was so monotone, so formal- it was not me. It sounded like someone who is strong, after everything that person has been through. She looked at me with wide eyes. Maybe she didn't expect it. I mean, what would she expect? Why would I come here? Would she think I would come here, when they don't want me to?

"What are you talking about?" she said stuttering. When I was about to reply, a second person came and jerked her back. Father.

"What the hell are you doing here?!" he yelled at me. This time, I didn't look down with a bad feeling that they didn't want me. No, this time it was for Karim.

"I am here to get my son back" I said much louder than I said to her. He looked at me for a second before his face changed. He didn't look at me with any emotion. I could only read disgust from his face. No, nothing had changed. They hadn't changed their minds.

"We don't take bastards in, so no, that bastard isn't here" he said. It was like my airways just opened for me to finally breathe. I took a deep breath and then punched the side of the door,leaving my fist there.

"Now you listen good okay? I will take everything you say to me, about me. But I won't take it when you say such disgusting things like that about my son- which isn't even true. Nourdin kidnapped my son and I can't find him. You are going to give me my son back! You owe me that!" I yelled. I wanted to say more, but the words didn't come out of my mouth. They looked at me like I just said something stupid which made my anger raise in me. Father took a step forward, pushing my mother behind him who was trying to calm him.

"We don't owe you anything. The moment you slept with someone around and then put Nourdin into trouble when he didn't do anything- you are not our daughter. You are nothing of us. Now go back to the guy that made you have that bastard and ask him for your child. Nourdin is innocent" he yelled and then pushed my mother back inside of the house more. He gave me one last look and then closed the door. I closed my eyes. I guess I wasn't strong enough. I let the tears stream down. They didn't believe me, again. They weren't going to. I then started to punch the door with my fists, wanting them to open it. I yelled for them to open the door. I yelled that I was going to explain it. I yelled that they had a beautiful grandson, but nothing did help. I took a step back and gave up. They weren't going to believe me. I looked up at the door and said the words I had never said before.

"Nourdin raped me"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Omg- I am so excited for the next chapter!
Make sure to check out my new book and a new book I made for poetry etc!
Instagram: mmms_29