Chapter 11

I was studying in the library before going off to work. I was having a hard time opening my eyes. Karim was crying the whole night so I haven’t slept one bit. I blinked my eyes to focus on what I was reading but it didn’t work. My mind was full of Karim. When I left him today at Thea, I felt so weird. I was hugging him the whole time as if I was scared that he might go.

~

“Left!” I heard my coach yell. I immediately blocked my left but wasn’t fast enough. A fist connected with my face and I felt the blood boil in my body. I wanted to protest. I wanted to fight back but nothing helped. C’mon Kamal I thought to myself. My legs were shaking and I couldn’t stand properly. I shook my head. I needed to win this. I can’t stand loosing. But my body told me otherwise. I fell down on my knees and my hand went to my head. I couldn’t see properly. My eyes were teary and it felt like all the saltness of my sweat was in my eyes. It was burning. Before I could register what was happening, I felt myself fall down foreward on my face.

~

“Manar, check room 201. Fight. Guy had a punch in his face which caused him a light concussion. Air was literally knocked out of his lungs. Had a hard time breathing. Needs a calming injection” my manager said. I nodded before I made my way to room 201. She was always like that. Never liked talking and never liked explaining things properly and always being sarcastic about patients. Before I went to the room, I got all the stuff I needed. I worked in a hospital. How did I manage that? Well, I didn’t. My lawyer who is also my counsellor helped me finding work. She also arranged my house for me. I made my way over to the room with a bad feeling in my stomach.

When I opened the door, I couldn’t believe what I saw. Kamal.. Kamal looked completely different, in a bad way. His face was swollen and red and blue. Wounds were surrounding his face and went to his throat. What the hell did he do? I made my way over to him. He was sleeping but I had to wake him up. His hair was in his face and I pushed it away. It felt soft and good. Something I could do for hours. I shook my head for a second when realization hit me. I cleared my throat and shook him slowly by his shoulders awake.

“Kamal, wake up” I said quietly. He frowned for a second but didn’t wake up.

“Kamal” I said a bit louder. Out of nowhere he jumped in the bed and his eyes went wide. He was breathing heavily. He looked at me before looking around the room.

“Where am I?” He said. He tried to stand up but let himself fall when he realized that it wasn’t going to work.

“Please don’t move. You are in the hospital” I said. He frowned again in confusion.

“What are you doing here?” He asked me.

“I work here. What happened?” I asked him. He looked at me for a second.

“That is none of your business, the same as yours is not mine” he said, quoting my words. My mind wanted to go back to that day but I focused myself on now.

“I need to know that for my job. Otherwise, I am not interested” I said. Lies. It was a lie but I couldn’t help it. I needed to know.

“Fought with a few guys” he said bluntly. What?

“What? Why?” I asked him. He raised an eyebrow but didn’t make a comment.

“Because I enjoy doing” he said. I shook my head. That’s not possible. How could someone like fighting?

“Is it, like, kickbox or anything? Or was it a fight on the street?” I asked. I had to ask.

“I do kickbox beside playing football” he said. I just nodded and grabbed the stuff for the injection.

“This can hurt a bit” I told him but he just pulled his sleeve up. I looked at him when I put the needle in his flesh. He didn’t even flinch or anything. It looked like it didn’t hurt.

“All done” I said while putting a plaster on the little wound. He just nodded and turned on his right, the other side of where I was.

“Now you can go” he said. I looked at the ground for a second before standing up. I didn’t want to be like this with him, but I knew it was my fault. It was my fault that I said all those things to him the other day..

_____________

I am sorry for the long wait. I just had it so busy and still have but after this week I am free. I am going to start a new story, so check my profile once in a while to see if I put it already on Wattpad. I have a lot (!!) of story ideas which I'm going to work on in my holiday.