Chapter 66

If you haven't read the previous chapter, please go do it! This is the second update I do today!

I started walking forward. I couldn't concentrate on the voices. I couldn't concentrate on what they were saying. I hoped so, I hoped so that it was a joke, that I was misunderstanding it. So God help me, I wouldn't be able to take this. It looked so pretty around and I could see that everything was planned with so much care. I was in their eyes now. The people I walked past were looking at me, recognizing me. Some of them were pointing at me and shouting. They were probably shouting that someone should take me out of here. I saw Nourdin from the side of my eyes, along with Maher. I didn't understand it. I was so, so confused and I had never been this confused in my life. I didn't know what to think yet I didn't stop thinking. How long was this going on? Did it all not mean a thing to him? Who was I? Was it a game? Did he knew from the beginning? Is he friends with Nourdin? The feeling of being in his presence while I was alone made me scared now. How could I be so reckless. He could've just done the same job twice. How could I trust him? Millions of thoughts were running through my mind and I was unable to shut it out. I saw my father and mother standing there, near them. They were looking at me with wide eyes. If they all weren't this shocked, they would've thrown me out of here already. Even the guests were looking at me with confused eyes. Didn't they realize that I was more confused than them? I looked over at him. His blond hair was perfectly done, which I didn't like. He had this vibe when his hair was messy like always. He looked so different with his messy hair- he looked original. Now he just looked like any other guy. His smile towards someone made my heart ache. How could he smile knowing he was doing this to me? His smile faded when he realized something. His eyes started to roam around and finally landed in front of him, on me. His eyes widened and I could feel his shock. I felt like someone was ripping out my hear from my chest, leaving me breathless. He stood up, but didn't move. I felt a tear stream down my face, which I didn't want. I didn't want him to see me so vulnerable yet I wanted him to feel how broken I was. It was silent, no one was saying a single thing. I saw Hafsa standing up too, grabbing his hand. She was looking at me with angry eyes just like she always was. I neared towards them, not being able to hold myself anymore. I looked into his blue eyes, that were holding so many fake emotions.

"How.. How could you?" I spat out. The anger was radiating from my voice and I had never been this angry before.

"I had asked you. I asked you if you were friend with Nourdin. I asked you if you were working for him. You told me you wouldn't do that to me" I said gritting my teeth. I was restraining myself from raising my voice, because I knew I would completely loose it.

"Whenever I accused you of anything Nourdin-related, you made me feel miserable. You would be angry at me for even considering the thought of it. You got angry when I compared you to him" I said, giving him a confused look. He opened his mouth, but no words came out. I smirked. What could he even say?

"I freaking don't understand. How could I have been so stupid, so so stupid. I cried next to you. I lost myself and cried. I told you everything. You experienced everything I went through. Yet- just how? My mind can't seem to understand it" I said, not even being able to form my thoughts into words.

"I feel so, so stupid. How stupid I was for thinking that you had a surprise for me. Yeah, it was a big surprise" I said, letting the tear fall that was holding onto so dearly.

"Manar" he said, but I didn't let him speak. I wouldn't.

"I always felt so dumb next to you, so insecure. You always knew how to react and what to say. When I was acting crazy, you would put some sense in me. When I was wrong, you would show me what was right. And then, then you gave me this big, very big surprise" I said, looking around me.

"People around me warned me. They warned me cause they were thinking that you were associated with Nourdin. I was fighting them because I didn't believe them. I knew I should've listened to them. Maybe it is because I'm so naive and stupid that I couldn't see it myself. So many signs that tell me now how you were with them from the beginning" I said, mentally face-palming myself.

"How? How did it start? Did you knew it from the beginning? Was she your girlfriend from the start? The day we met in the park, were you already in love with her? You told me there was no one. You told me you weren't with someone else and that you wanted to be with me" I said, remembering how he told me countless times that he wanted nothing more than to be with me.

"Tell me, what did you get in return? Weren't you already filthy rich? What could they make you do this? I thought.. " I stopped to not break down. I wiped my tears away.

"I thought that I finally found someone I could trust. Finally someone I could talk to, since I had always been so lonely" He just looked me in the eyes like a statue, not moving and not showing any emotions.

"My family left me after I got raped by my cousin. They didn't believe that Karim is his child. They threw me out of the house, leaving me on the streets. I worked and studied hard with sleepless nights just for my child. Why am I even telling this, you already know it all" I said, not wanting to think of that disastrous night.

"When I thought that I found someone who could wrap his arms around me to make me feel safe, you betrayed me. You betrayed me, Kamal. You betrayed us, Karim. I would get you doing this to me, but how does Karim deserve this? He loved you. He opened up to you. He used to never go to strangers yet the first person he ever hugged was you. He crawled to you, ran to you, talked to you. How could you betray him?!" I said, raising my voice.

"I had always known that there was something off but always blamed your own problem for it. Never, never in million years would I have thought that when I thought you were working, you were here, marrying to my cousin. My freaking cousin that insulted my son. You are here, marrying my cousin, who called my son a bastard. The one that bullied me, hurt me and even helped in kidnapping my son" I said, shaking my head.

"But so you know Kamal. The things they did never hurt me more than you did. You were my first happiness after hardship, my wall who was holding me from falling down. My pillow that I could cry into. The hand I could hold when mine was cold. The very first, indescribably perfect kiss that you were" I said, quoting the first thing I said after we had kissed.

"Congratulations" I said while looking Hafsa in the eyes. My eyes turned to Maher, to Nourdin, the families. I smirked to all of them.

"You guys won, I admit it. This was the best way you could get to me, bravo" I said while clapping my hands.

"But know that I'm done. No more Manar. No more Karim. The game is over. Congratulations Kamal. Hope you will treat her with honest, which she doesn't deserve. See you never" I said while turning around, letting the tears fall. This was the most painful moment of my life. An hour ago was it the night Nourdin got me. But this, this hurt me more. This was the last straw. Goodbye.

~~~~~~~~~~~~
TEARS OMG OMG
I forgot to tell you guys that I have officially holiday and that means that I will try to update twice a day since I need to finish this story this summer.

Did you guys miss the story?