Chapter 2

So I have decided that I will take the story further and see how it goes.

So here, enjoy :)

★★★★★★★★★★★

Chapter 2.

11 Century , 1010 CE.

Arelat -

''Mama! Mama!'' I squeaked as I ran the last five steps home, the dirt flying around me as my barefeet kicked the ground as I ran ''mama! come on Let's go all the papas have left to collect wood for the fire! Its time for the evening celebrations" l said running through the open doorway of our brick house.

"Hush Latia! " My mother whispered, she looked as angelic as ever she always gave me the cozy feeling of home. I looked at what she was up to and saw my baby brother sleeping peacefully in her arms. "It took me so much effort to put him to sleep" she put down on the soft blanket mama made out our dying sheeps.

"Let's go now and Latia start learning to compose yourself, your a lady need I remind you, how will you ever get a man to breed a family with "

"Sorry mother " I said " l just get excited for the evening celebrations after a hard day's work"

"No excuses Latia , a lady never forgets to be a lady "

"I understand mama"

With that she started collecting our offering for the gods along with all the liquor for when all men arrive with the wood and all the bread and stew she and the rest of us women made for dinner. She kissed baby Jeremiah on the forehead and told the salves to keep a eye on him. we started to make our way to where the bonfire will soon start.

Our evening celebrations were when we all requested the gods to accept our offering and thank them for another day of daylight because we Europeans nightly feared the night and called a cursed period , we all celebrated the last rays of the sunlight before everyone hurried home. The evening was the best time of my day, a time when l could show off my talent while singing and dancing for the gods entertainment. Many men of my village had asked my parents for my hand but mama never agreed just for my sake, as for papa he just thought l was worthy of better, worthy of a man with high wealth, maybe even the king of West Francis , Our neighboring country.

Soon we reached our destination. The women have started setting up for dinner and were chatting away as they worked, most of them were teasing the two newlywed women and asking were she pregnant yet or not. I tuned them out and started working beside my mother. I stetted up all the liquor and bread me and mama brought and my mother was chatting and working the elder women make some stew. Once I was done I started to scan the villagers searching for the face I knew so well. " LATIA !" called out the familiar voice running toward me.

"Thatcher" I said " Are you done with your chores?"

"Yes" my younger brother replied "Look at the amount of wood I got ! " he said showing me his hands that had disappeared under all the wood he collected.

" Well done " I praised him "Where are the rest and papa?"

"They are on there way " he said before calling out "MAMA!" and running in her direction.

I turned my gaze toward the woods and they were on there way with enough wood to last night and tomorrow morning. As soon as they reached me I took some of the wood from my father and started helping setting up the fire.