Chapter Fourteen

Evan

I looked in the mirror one last time. My marks going from my forehead to the bottom of my chin. I was wearing a suit I'd eventually take off for the circle. I took one last glance. My brown eyes were watering. A tear slide down my face, falling off at my chin. I wanted this to be a day we all remember Luke and Jon. Even though one of them, I think, is alive... 

"Evan, are ye alright? We need to get goin'." "I'll be right out David." I said in the happiest voice I could come up with. "Okie." He said and his footsteps disappeared. I looked at the blue hoodie on the empty blue bed. "Time to shine..." 

I walked out into the field near the equestrian class. As I walked past, the Horse Professor bowed to me. I bowed back in confusion and kept walking. I walked towards the crowd of black surrounding a beautiful blue silk blanket. Beside that was a bright red one with black streaks. They both looked beautiful. Everyone noticed me and bowed. I looked around and even found my friends bowing. The High Priestess, Willow, was even bowing. "What's all this for?" I asked. "Evan, you're a very special fledgling, and if anything were to happen to me, you'd be the very, very first High Priest." She smiled and gestured toward the silk blankets. 

Everyone stood up as three people stepped up. Brock, David, and Lui. Lui moved east. David moved south and Brock moved north. "David, call fire." I whispered. Everyone stepped back as both pyres caught fire, everyone but David. 

I saw Craig step up onto his little DJ looking thing and nodded when I was ready and everyone had their candles. I nodded as I started walking around to Lui. I lit his candle quick before the lyrics of the song started. "Air, blow all these sad feelings away from us." 

Well fortune favor's not the young
Spoken word's and song's unsung, right?
I never learned from my mistakes
I guess I don't have what it takes, right?
I wish that I was strong, that I could walk away
All this time I've lost, I feel the cost repaid

I walked to David, "Fire! Warm up our feelings!" 

So save today, the secret's that you prayed for
And wait, cause we deserve it so much more
So save, the secret's that your prayed for, awake
I'll see you on the other side

Tyler

As Evan went around creating the circle, Craig put on the song we've all been wanting to finally hear. Evan didn't want us to know until today. I looked closer at Evan, he was crying. He then walked over to where water would be and frowned, but he lit the candle anyway. "Water! Cleanse our depressing feelings and tears!" He walked away as another figure stepped in and actually grabbed the candle without it flying out of their hands. I was going to go check them out but Evan was so into it he said, "Stop, you'll break the circle!" "But that could be someone dangerous Evan! It could be Jon!" Evan glared at me and walked towards Brock. "Earth! Bring us into a happier life, even if it is without Luke or Jon." He stepped in the middle at the perfect time as if this part of the song was for him. 

A tortured soul have I become
It keep's me safe and leaves me numb, right?
'Cause in this dream I'm wide awake
The one I love I did forsake, right?
I wish that I was wrong, that you'll come home again
All this time I've lost, I'll never find again

So save today, the secret's that you prayed for
And wait, cause we deserve it so much more
So save, the secret's that you prayed for, awake
I'll see you on the other side

"Spirit! Bring all of us joy and brighten our smiles! For Jon and Luke we will miss!"  As Evan said that, the hooded figure at the blue candle ran at him, pushing him down. That's when I said fuck the circle. 

Evan

I was pushed down right after I called spirit. The random stranger at water jumped on me. The hood fell off, and I was way wrong about the stranger part. "Jon!?" I yelled almost in disgrace and happiness. He bared his teeth and looked right into my eyes. "Evan, run! Push me off with spirit!" He panted. "No! I'll break the circle!" I said as I noticed someone running towards the circle. "Tyler! No!" I screamed. Jon got up as they both collided. "Nyx!" I screamed. Willow and Nelson were standing and watching in horror. Well, Willow was. Nelson was chanting and telling Jon what to do. I saw Nelson flick his wrist and dark tendrils hit Jon, making him bleed and obey him. I screamed one more time but I threw all my elements towards Nelson as everything exploded in whiteness as I heard one last sing-song. 

Say you can help me now! 

**********************************************