Chapter Nine

Evan

"Hello?" I answered my phone. "Evan, honey, how are you?" "Oh, I'm... fine." There was a pause and I heard my mom sigh. "Fine isn't good enough Evan. What's wrong?" I thought. How should I tell her? Would she tell Dad about my Mark, my sexuality, my education and my sleep? Because all of that has changed since I've gotten here. "Mom... I just miss you so much." "Oh honey, why don't we meet up at that 24/7 Starbucks and talk?" "Sure mom, could we do it tomorrow, I'm sorta busy now." "Oh, alright sweetie. Love you." I smiled. "I love you too Mom." I hung up and lay down back into my bed, bringing my hands to my face. 

I looked down at my scribbled notes as I walked down the hallway to Tyler's room. I knocked once. No answer. "Tyler?" I yelled. I opened the door and no one was inside. "Where the fuck?" I ran downstairs to Lui and David's room. I knocked once. No answer. "Where the hell are they?" I ran down the hallway to Brock and Brian's. "Brian?!" I said and knocked. No answer. "Shit." I ran down to Marcel and used to be Luke's room. "Marcel?" I knocked multiple times. "Where the hell!?" I ran out of the boys' dorms. 

I ran to the professor's rooms, as I did I bumped into Professor Daniel. "Oh, hey Evan." He said. "How's Jon holding up?" He asked and put a hand on my shoulder. "He's uh..." I choked and held back my tears. "He rejected the Change and died in my arms..." "Oh, shit." The athlete mumbled. "It's alright, Nyx might have needed a little help on the Otherside and Jon was a great helper and he was really good at cheering people up." "Yeah... he was." I said. "Don't worry Evan. He's still up there and he's waiting for you with Nyx. He's meant to be your consort Evan." Daniel smiled. I hadn't read my Vampyre Sociology book in a while but I'd have to look up consort again. "Thank you, oh and I wanted to invite you to the ritual I'm leading for the loss of Luke and Jon." "Yes Evan, I'll go and I'll tell Abigail too. I'll be there Evan." The professor started walking down the hallway to his room. "Wait! Daniel!?" "Yes?" "Is your Goddess given gift seeing people's different relationships and feelings?" He only smiled and continued walking. "Maybe Evan, just maybe..." 

David 

"Why the fuck does he have so many different blood packets in here?" Lui said dumping another box of empty blood packets. Tyler was smelling them. "They're all his blood." "Is he drinking himself?" Brock asked. "Dude, that's pretty much the same thing as masturbating." Marcel chuckled. We all silently chuckled with. We kept digging through Nelson's stuff. "Wait, what the fuck?" Craig said. WE all turned to him. "What is it?" Tyler asked. "It's a list of fledglings, but specific ones." "What do you mean?" I asked. "These are the fledglings that didn't survive the Change. Jonathan Dennis. Luke Patterson. There's so many more after that." Craig said. "He's got a fucking hit list..." I said out loud, looking at everyone. There was an opening of a door and all of us froze. "What the fuck are you guys doing in here?" We all noticed the voice. "Evan!" Lui yelled and jumped into a hug. We all joined him. "I've been looking for you guys, what are you doing snooping around in Nelson's room." Everyone looked at each other. "Nothing, just a prank." Brian answered. Evan shrugged it off. "Well, I need you all for something." "Anything buddy." "I need your help with a Full Moon ritual for Luke and Jon's death. I have a plan to make it unique but I need to sort everyone out." We all gave him a weird look as we followed him to the east wall. 

Evan 

"Alright. So since I have affinity for all elements I need to test something." I tapped my chin thinking. Who talks the most. "Lui! Go east!" "Okie dokie." Lui went east and I grabbed a yellow pillar candle from my bag. "Hold this." I grabbed the red candle next. Alright, who rages the most in video games? I thought between Brian and David. We could try both. "David go south, and take this." I handed him the red pillar candle. I grabbed the blue candle next, water. "Craig, go west and take the candle." I handed him the candle. Brock seemed really calm and seemed to be close to Earth. "Brock, go north with the green candle." He took the candle and went north. "Marcel, Tyler and Brian. Just hang in there." I grabbed the purple candle out of my bag and grabbed a lighter and little lavender weeds that would remind me of Jon and my grandmother's fields. 

I walked over to Lui, "It fills us, and breathes life into us. Air! I call you to this circle!" As I lit Lui's candle he started giggling as wind swirled around both of us. "Evan! I can control air!" He said smiling. "Yes you can!" I smiled and moved clockwise to David. "It warms us, and succors us. I call fire to this circle!" Before I could light David's candle it lit up itself. The flame grew and then softened and warmed both David and I's faces. "Oh Goddess." David whispered. I smiled again and walked over to Craig. "It soothes us and washes us. Water! I call you to this circle." I lit Craig's candle but it threw both of us back and knocked both Craig and I on our asses. "Shit, its not Craig. Brian grab the candle." Brian ran over to the candle but it burned him and flew out of his hands. "Its not me either." He whimpered, clutching his hands. Tyler ran over to it, but it pushed him over. Marcel even tried. I sighed and grabbed the candle and set it exactly west. "I don't know who is water then." I sighed and moved to Brock. "It sustains us. From it we are born, and to it we all shall return. I call Earth to this circle!" I lit Brock's candle and he took in a deep breath. The grass around his feet started to grow. I could tell the smell of nature hit all of us. I ran to the center of the circle and held the purple candle. "It is our center! And to be forever with us! Spirit! I call you to this circle!" We all gasped. Even Marcel, Tyler, Craig and Brian did. "Jon and Luke! We will deeply miss you both!" I yelled with my arms out and the candle in my one hand and the burning lavender weeds in the other. I heard a bunch of sniffling and then giggles. 

I blew my candle out, "Thank you Spirit you may now leave." I walked back to Brock. "Thank you Earth." I said and blew out Brock's candle. The smell of nature disappearing. I walked over to the Water candle. I blew it out. "Thank you Water." I said and the smell of the ocean and cleansing air disappeared. I walked over to David. "Thank you Fire for keeping us warm." I said and blew out David's candle. I walked over to Lui. "Thank you Air." Before I could blow it out a huge gust came and blew out the candle. Lui chuckled. "Oops." I laughed and walked into the middle of the circle. I dropped the lavender weeds and rubbed them into the ground. The smell really reminded me of Jon. I took in a deep breath and joined up with the rest of the guys as we put the stuff away. 

"So how are we going to do this for real?" Marcel asked. "Well, I was hoping for music." I said sort of quietly. "I'm pretty good with music." Craig said and his face lit up. "Good! I have the perfect song. I've been listening to every time I'd think about... uh... sadness." Nice ass save Evan. I mentally face palmed. "Alright." Craig smiled. "What should we do?" Brian, Tyler and Marcel looked at me. "Can you guys to decorations? I'm sorry. I seriously think water was meant for someone else but I don't know who." I sighed. "It's alright Evan." Brian said. "What sort of decorations do you want?" Marcel asked. "Well Jon did like horror games." I laughed. "Luke liked a lot of UFC and WWE." We all laughed. "Yes, I've got the perfect idea." Tyler chuckled. 

Tyler 

"So when is this ritual?" I asked Evan. "The next Dark Daughters and Sons meeting." "Which is?" David asked. "This Saturday." Evan answered. "Well we all better get busy. See ya guys." Brock said. We all said our good-byes but David stopped a little behind. "Fire, warm up Evan, help him through school without Jon." David whispered. I felt the heat pass me and hit Evan. "Earth, strengthen Evan." Brock whispered. The smell of grasslands passed all of us and hit Evan. Right before Evan walked into the dorm Lui whispered, "Air, help Evan stay fresh of sad feelings." We all went back to our business as the day went by and we slept.