Chapter twenty-four

"Damien I'm fine," I said with a groan. Ever since we came back he had been asking if I was okay and if Lucious did any damage. I'm the one that should be worried the man got shot. Yet he worried more about me than his injured arm.

"I just want to make sure Skylar," he said as he pulled me and took in my scent.

"I'm fine now come on they are waiting for us," I said as I stood up from the bed and walked to the door. Damien quickly stood up and wrapped his arms around my waist.

"I was worried for you," he whispered into the dip between my shoulder and neck.

I exhaled feeling his breath fan my exposed skin.

"I'm fine Damien nothing to worry about anymore. Now come on its Christmas eve," I grabbed his hand and walked out the room. Damien didn't let go of my hold not even when the elevator got packed with pack members. They all greeted us as they entered.

Everyone was already downstairs waiting for us to come down. Alex and Isabella were the first to run at me. Huge smiles plastered on their faces.

"We thought we lost you," Alex whispered as she hugged me tight

"I was only gone a few hours," I pointed out.

"We don't care that guy sounds like bad news Skylar," Isabella said as she hugged me too.

Damien cleared his throat, "can I have my mate sometime today?" He asked.

Alex and Isabella send a scowl his way yet still let go.

"Sky Sky," Luke called out as he walked over to us.

Damien growled at the sight of Luke.

I nudged him on the side, "peace on earth," I whispered

Damien groaned, "fine but if he tries to do anything stupid he will learn to eat with his feet right after I rip his arms off his fragile form," he hissed

"Overprotective today don't you think?" I asked

"I just almost lost you forever yesterday. There is no way in hell that is happening again. So I'm sticking by you at all times. Even if you say you need time alone," he whispered

"You're sounding like a stalker now you know that," I pointed out,

He didn't get to answer because Luke had arrived. He brought me in for a hug and I hugged him back. Damien didn't let go of my hand as Luke and I hugged.

"You smell nice," Luke said with a grin,

"I think that would be my cologne it must have rubbed off on her," Damien said with a sly smirk.

"No you know I don think so. The cologne reminds me of a wet street dog. Skylar just naturally smells great," Luke said with a mischievous smile.

Damien pulled me in closer, "you would know how one smells like. You filthy mutt," he hissed.

I pulled away from his hold, took a step back and glared at them both.

"What?" They asked in unison

"I'm going to go with my friends. So much hatred and hostility is bad for the soul," I hissed as I walked away.

I found Alex and Isabella in the kitchen with other pack members. They were serving themselves some eggnog that had been made by a few of the mated women in the pack.

"Were is the bodyguard?" Alex asked as she handed me a cup. The bodyguard being Damien of course.

"With Luke," I answered