chapter twelve

Damien ran his hand through his hair for the millionth time today. He paced around, ignoring all my questions. I sat on one of the logs surrounding the place where we had the bonfire.

"Can you stop," I ordered Damien.

It frustrated me to see him moving back and forward.

"Sorry," he said and sat next to me.

I sighed, "you don't have to apologize, but I can't help you if you're not willing to tell me what is wrong."

He nodded, "I know. It's just I'm worried for everyone. Those wolves can put everyone here in danger," he sighed and rested his elbows on his legs and leaned forward.

I rubbed his back trying to give him any comfort.

"Is there anything I can do?" I asked.

He shook his head, "I need to set up an emergency meeting," he said as he slowly stood up.

"With everyone including those who aren't like your kind?" I asked confused edging its way onto my face.

He shook his head, "I'll just tell the teachers to split the senior class in two. That way while one is doing one thing, far away from us as possible, I can be able to talk to my pack and tell them to be on high alert," he said looking down at me.

I nodded, "so I'll go with the other group then?" I inquired

He shook his head, "you already know about me and know what I and many others can change into. There is no point of you going away."

I nodded, "okay,"

He nodded, grabbing my hand he went in search for a few teachers.
It wasn't long until the senior class was split up and the one that help all normals humans walked off to play capture the flag while the rest stayed.

Damien signalled at Jason to come. Jason quickly trotted towards us and greeted Damien with a bow of his head.

"How can I help alpha?" He asked.

"Make everyone gather inside the cafeteria," He instructed

"Yes alpha," Jason said with a nod and walked away.

"What with the alpha business?" I questioned

"Well my dear Skylar. I so happen to be the leader of my pack. Or how we like to call it the gang yup pretty big deal if I do say so myself," he beamed

"So it's kind of like being a king?" I inquired

He nodded, "more or less."

Jason ran up to us once more, "they are all set up in the cafeteria like you requested alpha," he said.

Damien nodded and turned to look at me, "you'll get to see me in action," he said with a grin

I rolled my eyes but still followed him inside.

The cafeteria went silent the moment Damien positioned himself at the front of the cafeteria. A podium had been set up for him.

He pointed at a seat next to the podium, "sit there," he ordered.

I nodded and sat on the chair. My cheeks began to burn feeling the stares of over a hundred people on me.

Damien cleared his throat making all the people shift their gaze towards him. I sighed in relive when they did.

"I was recently attack in the woods with Skylar," he stopped when the voices of everyone began to rise.

He lifted his hand up, a blanket of silence fell over the room.