New Understandings

I followed Joey quietly through the vast halls.NOt once did he look at me, he just stared straight ahead. He led me into a room on the first floor. It turned out to be the biggest library i have ever been in. It was three stories high and was covered in books. There were thoasasnds of them! All lined up neatly on shelves. I gawked at them all in awe. I had always been a fan of reading, and this was book worm heaven!

My Nerdy Fantasies took over, and i imagined myself running my fingers along the book's covers. I was interrupted abruptly when Joey cleared his throat. I looked over at his tall handsome form, and he gestured for me to sit on the lavish couch.

"Whorether....about the other day...." he started unsuredly.

After all that's happened to me....and he's still calling me Whorether?! Incredible.

His deep sexy voice carried on, "listen....I....I'm..."

His stuttering was by far the cutesy thing I've ever heard. It made my heArt swell up with my old crush feelings. Come on heather, he's freaking vampire!your not supposed tone feeling things for him....he kidnapped you, my conscious screamed at me.

"I....well, what I'm trying to say is.....is....."

No matter how much I would've loved to hear him embarrass himself even more with his silly stutterings, I just had to Intervene. If I knew one thing about Joey, it was that he wasn't good at apologizing.

"hey, it's ok...I understand." I said softly.

His eyes lifted from the floor to meet my eyes. For a second I thought I saw guilt shame and another emotion there. But his eyes quickly became unreadable, making me think i imagined it.

"you know?......how?" hemuttered confusedly. Understanding lit up his eyes and his mouth turned up in a wry smile. "oh, so gabby told you then?"

"what. That you have an uncontrollable beast inside you? Or the fact that your a dick head? Because I already knew about the second one. It was just the first one that you so kindly left put from telling me." I sarcastically say.

He flashed before me, and was suddenly right in front of me. His hands reached out and framed my face. I flinch at the sudden contact and fear raises up in me.

"didn't Gabby warn you not to taunt the beast?" Joey whispers dangerously

You have to stand up to him! His beast relishes on your fear, you have to show him your strong!

"What are you going to do? Kill me?No I don't thinks so, we all know you would miss the entertainmeant I bring to you. Because isn't that why you kidnapped me? To entertain you?" I venously laugh suddenly angry

His grip tightens on me for a millisecond before he disappears. I looked around the library frantically.

His voice made me jump when he loudly called out from the second story balcony, "you know what, maybe your right. Maybe that is exactly why your here. I am a prince after all. I can do and have whatever the he'll I want!"

He dissapeared again with a flash, causing a pile of papers to fly up in the air. I whirl around when his voice echoes across the opposite side of the room. I see him leaning casually against an old stand up globe. His cruel eyes meet mine and he smiles heartlessly at me.

" And yes that means you little miss priss! You think you're so much better than me with your cocky attitude and sarcastic remarks..."

Oh my god he's going crazy!

I blinked fora second and he was gone again. My heart clogs in my throat when I feel hot breath. His warm fingers lightly trace across the back of my neck.

"well let me tell you something, Whorether. We aren't at that stupid human school anymore. This is my world." he grabs my shoulders and whirls me around. I come face to face with a mouthful of fangs and black alien eyes. "And in this world I own you."

I gulp loudly as the words sink in. He pushes me hard and I land in a heap on the couch. Joey stalks off in the direction of the big bookcase. He aggressively grabs one and hurls it to the floor. He grabbed more and kept chucking them in random directions. I flinched when a hard cover smashes into a lamp by the couch causing glass shards to spray everywhere.

"so you better get it through that thick head of your that your not leaving. You're mine." he screams while still throwing books everywhere with a crushing speed while I just sit there terrified, unable to move on the couch.

His beast is taking over! Calm him down dumbass, my conscience yells at me.

"J-Joey,calm down. I'm sorry, I didn't men to make you angry." I cry out.

His actions immediately cease. His back is heaving with what looks like exertion. His hand is squeezing a self so hard I can literally see it crushing. Once again Im amazed by his strength. He turns slowly around and he stares at me with sad eyes. His eyes are human once again, and my heart starts to beat regularly again.

He trudged over to me and silently sat down next to me. I stiffen from him being so close and await for him to attack me and drain me dry.

Instead he says, "Sorry about that....again..."

"no problem." I breath catiously.

We sit in silence for what seem like hours, just lost in our own thoughts. My mind kept wandering back to that frightful instant where I thought he was literally going to kill me because I backed talked to him. He has a sever case of anger management, but in his case it's uncureable. Well unless he finds his soulmate...

He abruptly cries out,"it's just that I can't control it!I try and try and try, but no matter what the beast always seems to get loose."

The hopelessness in his voice draws me in. I've known what it feels like to feel alone in the world with nothing left. I wouldn't want anyone to feel that way, not even Joey. I scoot over towards him and tenderly oat him on the back.

"S'okay Joey. I understand." I whisper comfortingly.

He drops his head into his hands and groans out, " that's the thing! You don't understand, no one does."

I sit quietly for a minute then whisper, "well i mAy not completely understand your situation, but I kinda have a clue....I've felt hopeless and alone in my life for a long time. If you haven't noticed, I'm kind of a loner at school. I don't really have any friends that care for me. I constantly get bullied, not physically but emotionally. The girls at school call me annoying and ugly and make me feel completely lost in this world. I try to change, to be less annoying as they call it. But it never works. I've gone from one click to the next, at one point sitting with random people at lunch everyday, and I still haven't found anyone that cares. I can't control that they don't accept me, or that they bully me.......I may not have this inner beast inside me, but I'm still an outsider"

He looks up at me with a new emotion in his eyes that I've never seen In Them before. Understanding.

I think he finally understands that we connect on some level. We are both outsiders in our worlds. Me the bullied friendless human girl, and him the only one of his kind vampire guy with the world on his shoulders.

After a while I find a need to fill the silence, suddenly embarrassed to admit my deep feelings that I've never told anyone before.

"so...your a vampire huh?"

He smiles crookedly at me. "yep."

"and you drink blood?"

He gives me a weird look. "duh! What else do vampires eat?"

" I don't know! Your the expert, not me! But I swear I've seen you eat at lunch before."

"well I can eat human food, but I require blood to live....I feel so cliché saying that. That's what all the vampires say in the movies and books!"

I laugh at that. "that's kind of disturbing....so.....how old are you?" I ask curiously.

On the inside I was dying to know.

He looks me straight in the eye.

"517 "