Depressed

"Honey, are you sure you don't want to go out with any friends tonight? I mean, it is a friday night." My mom asked later that night.

I have been  lounging in my bed reading a stupid romance novel ever since i got home, trying to get Joey's face out of my head.

 I was too depressed to go out with anyone. How could i? My stupid heart was breaking into a million pieces.

All those years of crushing on him, for nothing!

Well it was only three years, but still.

"No mom, i'm just not feeling good. I was out all last weekend, remember? But it's ok, you two go out and have some fun. " i say with fake enthusiasm not taking my eyes off the page i was on. I've been reading the same line for the past hour.

Love will find a way.

 Reminding me of the last thing Joey said to me... You'll be seeing me sooner than you expect. What does that mean? He'll be visiting from New YOrk? Oh God, i hope so! than my mind went on to fantasize about all the possibilities of him visiting.

"Heather? Are you listening? Heather?!?!" my mom yelled.

"What?!" i asked annoyed. She just interupted my day dreaming of me and Joey on the beach making out.

sigh, it was so good!

"This isn't about a boy is it?" my over protective dad demanded as he walked into my room.

i close my eyes angrily. They are so frustrating! Of course it's not about a boy! It's about this awesome, funny, Greek-God looking boy that i'm desperatly missing.

"No dad, im just tired is all." I lie "so where are you guys going tonight?" i ask trying to change the subject. Don't you hate it how parents talk about something you obviously don't want to talk about?

"We are going to go to a new bar with Nicki and Randi." my mom said smiling slyly

Great. "Oh no! Please don't get drunk! remeber last time?" I shudder to myself.

They got so drunk i had to go pick them up at a bar an hour away, and on the way back they were CRAZY! Like baby talk, make no sense carzy. they almost made me crash, and at the very end instead of going to wait two minutes to get inside, my mom threw up in the back of my car. I had throw up smelling car rides for a week!

"Of course not honey! We are just going to have a couple glasses of wine." more like a couple of bottles.

"Fine but if you need a ride home, call a taxi! I'm planning on going to bed early." i sigh. Hopefully i don't cry myself to sleep.

"Are you sure your not going to sneak out and meet up with a boy?" My dad asked suspiciously eyeing me lying comfortably on the bed wearing my pj's.

For crying out loud!! " No dad. why would i? I've never had a boy friend before. Boys don't like me like that ok?!"  I'm basically yelling by the timme i finish. this is a very touchy subject for me.

"Awwww honey. It's ok. you are beautiful! you'll get a boyfriend soon! They are just intimidated. Besides boys at this age are no good!" my mom said comfortingly.

She thinks all boys want to just have sex and stuff. But i don't think so.

"yeah, yeah i know. Just go out and have fun. I'll be here all night, so night"

Finaly after staring at me and glancing at eachother knowingly my parents left. I just lay there for a while staring at the ceiling.

Ok i admit it, i've never had a boyfriend...or been on a real date...or been kissed...