[ Season One; Ep Five: That Still Small Voice ]

The big rumble of the earth was enough to knock Thor out of bed. As he hit the floor, the rumbling stopped, and Steve was now awake and jumping out of bed. Car alarms were going off loudly right outside the inn. "What on earth was that?" Thor asked, shakily standing up.
"I don't know." Steve said as he opened the door of his room. He looked out the hallway, then saw Bruce's head poking out from the doorway. "Did you feel that?"
"If you mean the earthquake, then oh yeah." Bruce replied.
"Was it an earthquake?" Steve asked as he stepped into the hall.
"That's what I'm calling it." Bruce said, now leaning against the doorframe.
"What does Tony think?" Steve asked.
"He's asleep." Bruce answered.
Steve widened his eyes. "He's still asleep?" Bruce nodded. It was then Thor poked his head out the doorway.
"This is a strange morning if I say so, and I've had worse in Asgard." He chuckled.

Clint's door opened, and everyone saw confusion and worry on his face. "The hell was that?"
"We're calling it an earthquake." Bruce answered as he brushed through his bedhead hair. Clint didn't seem surprised, in fact, he looked to be in thought.
"We all look like hobos." He said. "Wearing the same clothes since we've been here, haven't shaved, hair needs to be cut - "
"I think we should keep focus on the catastrophe at hand, Barton." Thor said.
"Well, obviously, but look at us, really." Clint said. Bruce rolled his eyes with a smile and a silent chuckle. Thor smiled small, and Steve turned back into his room.
"I'm going to see what's the matter. You all can join if you want." He said as he vanished into his room.

////

It was extremely early in the morning and the sky was still dark. In the truck, Steve noticed cars driving in the same direction on a path and followed. The path lead them to a construction site, with large lights and construction vehicles placed all over the dirt road.
"Oh my God..." Bruce said as he saw the scene. It was an old mine, and it had smoke emanating from the opening. People were gathered around the perimeter of the site, watching firefighters climb in the site. A familiar black car pulled up to the site, with a familiar someone opening up the driver's side door. "Everyone! Step back, please!" Regina called out as she ran towards the site.
"Is that a crater?" Clint heard Ruby asking Marco.
"No, they were tunnels that lead to all mines. Something must've collapsed." Marco replied.

Clint leaned over to Steve. "It was a mine tunnel. Something collapsed." Steve nodded in understanding. Thor gently hit Bruce's arm for his attention.
"I see Lady Natasha!" He smiled. All the men looked to where he was pointing.
Down from the dirt hill they stood a top on, they saw Natasha next to Emma and Sheriff Graham.
"What's she doing down so close?" Bruce asked.
"Let's go find out." Steve said as he started walking down the dirt ramp. Near the bottom, they could already see Regina giving orders to a few people as she walked by them to see the incident.

"Sheriff, set up a perimeter; Marco, why don't you help out with the fire department. Miss Swan, Miss... Jenkins, this is now official town business you are free to go." Regina said just as the men made their way to them. She seemed a bit hesitant before speaking to them. "Same with you guys this doesn't concern everyone in town."
"Well, actually we work for the town now." Emma sassily retorted. Natasha's lips formed a smirk.
"Both of you?" Thor asked. Natasha nodded as Regina looked to Graham.
"They're my new deputies." Graham said to Regina. Regina gathered up her strength, and looked Graham in the eye.
"They say the mayor is the last to know." She said coldly to the sheriff.
"It's in my budget." Graham shrugged.
"Indeed." Regina replied. She then turned to Natasha and Emma. "Deputies why don't you make yourselves useful and go help with crowd control." Natasha turned around to go and help, while Emma lingered for a second and looked at Graham, then went off.