Maven held out his hand to me as the strong waves crash on the rocks. I admire how he is not bothered by the water beckoning at his feet, but I save those thoughts for later.

We walk into the cave, our footsteps echoing along with the dripping water from its ceiling. Maven uses his own hand as a torch while the other still locked with my fingers. We walked and walked, until Maven stops and fumbles at the walls of the cave, looking for something.

"Are we not going to walk through this cave until we reach the end?" I ask him as I peered into the path forward. The cave looked like it goes on for miles.

"No. This is our stop. Aha! Here," Maven's voice is drowned out as the cave shakes, and I panic at the thought of us being buried underground. Before I could grab Maven's arms to run, the shaking stops, and a huge iron door is revealed.

Maven turns the lock, entering the right combination. It revealed darkness.

"Let's go in," he says, holding out his hands for me. I was still shaking, but I followed.

The iron door closes behind us, and the cave does not shake again. Stone stairs greet us, and we climb up. The space is so narrow that I had to be behind Maven so we could walk up. I was surprised that it was just a short flight of stairs, and we were now facing another door, this time a wooden one.

Maven lets go of my hand to bury his hand on his pocket, possibly for a key. He takes out one huge brass key, and the door creaks as he nudged it open.

Maven walks forward, and lights the torches around the small room, revealing a miniature kind of palace room, though it was less grand in a way that it looked rouge. There was a bed on the middle of the room, a small window overlooking the sea, a desk, a closet, and shelves containing books.

"What is this?" I ask, as Maven removes his coat. The rocks kept the temperature in the room cool, and it was relaxing.

"Oh. My place. You'd be surprised at the things I get to do before the spotlight was on me. I had this built, because I wanted to be away from the palace. Nobody even bothers looking for me," he says, a hint of bitterness in his voice. The second prince, unimportant because he was born after his mighty brother.

I awed at the space around us, thinking of how it was built between the rocks. "But.. How? We're by the sea, right? This is on a cave. Is this just a room?"

He walks over to me, motioning for me to take out my cloak. "Yes. You're right. This is a part of a building that stood here before, above actually. This is the only part that remained, it's the underground chambers, I had it repaired for my own use. Yes I have this room and the bathroom over there, and a tiny kitchen," he gestures, pointing directions. "You want to wash up? I have water here, you know."

Amazing, but not impossible. Afterall, he is a Silver. He is a Calore. He is a prince. He is now King.

It seemed that while I am wondering, Maven has walked over to me, and I notice how much he has grown. His shirt is not hung loosely anymore, and his muscles are now sculptured, although he is still lean. I breathe in heavily, and he watches as I trace the linings on his chest and stomach, the thin white fabric of a shirt clinging to him.

His eyes are playful, and I blushed. He laughs, and I storm over to the bath to wash my face.

I managed to kick my boots off, and I wash my feet too. Maven coughs in the doorway, and I open the door as he hands out some clothes and a towel.

It's a nightgown that falls to my ankles, and I am puzzled by his possession of such. Maybe this is where he brought ladies over? But I couldn't deny that it would be comfortable that the ones I was wearing, though I didn't know what messaged it carried out.

My damn head is confused, but my heart is not. Damn heart.

I walk out, barefoot, and saw that Maven was in light tunics that suited him so well I couldn't help but gasp. He pretends not to notice, and I sit beside him on the bed.

I could feel myself warming up, but I needed his warmth. He doesn't waste time and pulls me closer, inhaling my scent. I could feel his heart beating on his chest.

I look up to him, and I see that he is more than a boy now. His face carries an aura of assurance. I see how his eyes beg for me to steady the man in him. He doubts if he is enough for me, and that was when I leaned to kiss him like I have never kissed him before.

My mouth finds his and I fill out his hunger and thirst, and he shifts so that I am lying on the pillows. His eyes never close, savouring each part of me. I squeeze his shoulders, how strong are they now, and I gasps as I take a break from his lips and tugs at his shirt.

He obeys and pulls it over, revealing his lean body. Maven has changed. He is not a scrawny prince anymore. He is a King. He is more than a King. But his eyes tell me that it's still him, the Maven that I loved. The Maven that I love.

His kisses are demanding, and I kiss back with passion in return. I melt at his touches. His hands explores me, as his lips traces down my face and finds my neck. I hold on to his hair, but I doubt he notices the pain. He is immune to it now, he is stronger.

"Let me, Mare.." he whispers, no, he growls. His need is too strong, like him. I breathe heavily as his lips found mine once again, his kisses burning me. It makes me afraid. It makes me scared that I might melt for him.

He stops suddenly, and takes my face into his palms, connecting my forehead to his. He is breathing heavily, too. He is sweating at his own flame, at mine, at our burning fire. He looks into me, and I see my Maven once again.

I nod, and this time I am the one who pulls him over to me.

--------
A/N: Sorry for keeping you all waiting! Here's a long chapter for you and your lovely comments, dear readers! Loveyou so much!
How are you liking this chapter? ;) Tell me about it.