Chapter 11: MARE

I know, that by the stares of the Lakelanders that the Colonel brought with him that even they, feared me; the little lightning girl.

But no matter how strong I am, my heart is fragile for a Silver with eyes so blue that I would often get lost on his gaze. I could still not bring myself to trust him, but I knew that I was hoping for him to be real again.

I don't even know what's real anymore. I don't know if the Scarlet Guard is my best hope, since the Colonel had dissolved Farley's legion and took over. I don't even know if I'm real.

But there are others like you, I tell myself. Find them, and you'll be okay.

Gisa and I were eating breakfast at the great hall. Almost all the items around had either been stolen or donated, and my head ached just thinking of all the allies the Scarlet Guard must have. However, this will not be enough. Silvers will always be Silvers, and Reds will always be Reds.

But I am both.

"I know where they are keeping him," Gisa whispers. I will never know how to thank her for always saving me. "But you need help. I think Shade knows."

He saved me, it is my turn to do it for him. I couldn't do anything when they imprisoned him, and for what, I really do not know. They might use him as a leverage over the Silvers, they might trade him. They do not understand that with the help of Cal, they might even win this war.

Fight fire with fire.

Cal. Cal. Cal. Even though Maven's lips still lingers on my lips, I cannot help but think about the lost prince. Is he one of us now? I don't know that, too. Maybe he's like me, he doesn't know what's real anymore. The memory of him taking me into my arms to kiss me is now a distant memory, but my heart tells me it's still there.

I don't even know my own heart anymore.