Chapter 21 - Suspicions and Betrayal

*Warning* - this chapter contains one swear word. (I have starred it but I just thought I should let people know before hand in case they're uncomfortable with swearing)

Percy's POV (8 days after the last chapter)

"Is it just me," I asked at breakfast on Saturday. "Or has Annabeth been acting a bit... weirdly."

"In what way?" Frank asked. It was just us 5 boys at our end of the table. The girls hadn't arrived yet.

"I don't know, just odd. It's like she's giving me the cold shoulder and ignoring me. Do you think I've done something wrong?" I'd been concerned about it for a few days now and had been wracking my brain for anything which I might have done to offend her but there just wasn't anything that had happened.

"Doubt it," Jason said thoughtfully. "And if you had done something wrong then you'd probably already have a black eye. I don't think that Annabeth is the sort to keep these things quiet if somethings worrying her."

"I guess but..."

"Look," Nico pointed to the doors. "Here they come now, just ask her and get it over with. Then you have all weekend to sort it out." I was going to say that it was easier said then done but thought better of it and decided to just go for it.

Annabeth sat down next to me and started helping herself to food without so much as a 'good morning' let alone a kiss.

"Morning, Wise Girl," I smiled.

"Hmm?" She looked up from a book she was reading.

"I said good morning." I explained.

"Oh, Morning," She gave a quick smile and then returned to her book.

I gave Jason an 'I told you so' look but he just waved his hands telling me to continue talking. Honestly, I felt like we'd turned into a group of Aphrodite kids, gossiping over relationships. However, I didn't have time to think about that now, I had to find out what was wrong.

"Look, Wise Girl, have I done something wrong?" I sighed.

"Wrong?" She asked. "No. Why?"

A weight lifted off my chest slightly. Well, at least she wasn't offended. But if it wasn't that then what could it be.

"It's nothing." I replied. "Well, it's something, but it sounds stupid. I just felt like you were becoming a bit distant and wondered if I'd offended you, that's all. Sorry."

"No apology needed. I'm fine." And then she went back to reading once again.

It wasn't really the response I'd wanted. I guess I'd been hoping she'd at least give an explanation for why she was acting differently. A hug to show that everything really was all right between us, heck, even a proper smile would be enough right now. "Ok," I said. "I love you."

She didn't even look up, just mumbled: "Cool."

∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞

Harry's POV

"What you doing?" Ginny asked, flopping down on the sofa opposite me in the common room.

"Homework." I replied. Truth

"How's it going?"

"Well." I mumbled. Lie. In truth it was going awfully but I wasn't surprised, my mind wasn't on it.